Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

pink puppy noses

17K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  boxerlove 
#1 ·
Hey boxer owners,

I'm looking at a flashy fawn puppy at 6 weeks that has a pink nose with a little bit of black.  How likely is it that his nose will turn all black when he gets older?  What are your experiences?

Thanks!

#2 ·
The pink may fade some, or be overtaken with the black, but some will probably stay..I always thought it looked cute.Samson has a little pink spot on his and Angel does as well.....

You found a pup? How cool....Just an after thought, I would recomend waiting til the pup is at least 8 wks before bringing home...

#3 ·
I think it's kinda cute too but the wife prefers a fully black nose.  We found a "potential" breeder with puppies at the moment.  They're only 5 weeks old right now so they're not ready to go home just yet.  We're still doing our homework and asking the breeder questions about the parents, temperments, etc.

#6 ·
Our Riggs has a speckled nose, it has grown blacker as he's grown older. I think you have a better chance for pink noses when the dog has a white mask instead of black because of the pigment. I guess if you're looking at a puppy with a white mask then the chances of his nose staying pink would be higher.
Here's our "speckled boy" lol
3weeks old:

Today:

#12 ·
Ziggi did the same thing....almost all pink, then speckled with black and now almost all black.  He does have a couple of pink spots but they are really small!  One of the reasons we picked him was his cute spoted nose!  :D

here is a puppy picture and a picture from last week.  he is 18 months now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.