Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a certain amount of time spent with her playing the will start to growl and attack pant leg, shoe area.  She puts her rear in the air and front paws spread out in front of her and growl.  When I tell her to sit she obeys, but when I go in to pet her she will leap for my hand.  

I really can't make out what type of behavior this is and if I should be concerned.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
She is doing a "play bow" (butt in the air)  and the growling is just play- very typical of boxers.  Nothing to worry about.
how old is she?
and welcome to BF!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!  She is 10 weeks old and this play is accompanied with barking, so all is okay?

I'm happy to be a part of this community.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me!  :D  Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welocme to the forum from California!!  
Oh yes we went through those stages as well, all perfectly normal , we just established when it was ok and when were finished playing.  And it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Harleigh still does this and she is almost 6 months old. I like it because I know she is in a good mood...but sometimes she can get too carried away with my daughter who is 4 1/2 years and I am trying to nip that in the butt.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Angel does it at 2 1/2...But when you are trying to get them to behave, that is considered "backtalking" and not funny...That's when you have to start some discipline

1 - 10 of 10 Posts