Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Oogie's older sister is a 1.5 year-old Miniature Pinscher. They used to play very well, but now that Oogie is getting big he just seems to like to slap her around, and he doesn't stop when she tries to tell him to. I'm trying to put a nix on all rough housing. How can I stop him from constantly attacking (in a playful way) her.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Get the Min-Pin some body armour?

Now, if the boxer is playing too rough with the min-pin then the min-pin should tell the boxer by way of yelp that enough is enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's normally harmless, and he's not really hurting her so much as annoying her I think. But he CONSTANTLY wants to play. He just playfully bats at her with is paws and jumps on her. But the poor girl can't even walk in front of him or on the same floor as him without him wanting to play. She doesn't yelp, because it's not really hurting her, but she growls and nips at him.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Well the growling and the nip IMO should be his warning.   Do you walk him, give him some good exercise and not just reply on the play?  A tired dog is a happy dog and IMO he will less likely be apt to contant play if he is tired.

Thats what we do with my pup.  I have a 2 year old and 1 year old.  I take the 1 year old to daycare two days a week for him to release his energy so he is not bugging my female who is more laid back.  Works like a charm!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lol i am NO help Isis STILL does this to Onyx and the cats...haha..they work it out though..no ones ever gotten hurt..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
So how old is Oogie? Sounds like he is still a pup, which explains a lot..But Heather is right, the Min Pin SHOULD tell him when she has had enuf..I know when Buck & Tia would play, that's what Buck would do when he had enuf of Tia's antics, a low growl in the righ ttome and she would stop....Boxers are playful by nature, some more so than others..Yes, you can step in, but I think it's best if your Min Pin lets him know she's had enuf..I agree about the exercise, especially with a younger Boxer...They need a way to let off that steam :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts