Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please please read this and help in any way that you can!

my mother's ex-husband gave away my brother and sister.

this is teddy and cheyenne(cropped):

they are half brother and sister. we got teddy as a puppy from a breeder in CT, 5 years ago. we adopted cheyenne at the same time, she was 2, she had been returned to the breeder from her first family.

these dogs are our heart and soul, my little brother and sister, spoiled rotten and loved to pieces.

my mother and her ex got divorced three years ago. in the agreement, it was stated that the dogs would live with the ex "when his living situation allows". and until then, that they would remain with us, he would pay half the expenses for them, and that when they did go to live with him, we would retain legal visitation rights.

for the past three years, the ex has not paid expenses on the two dogs, has not made any effort to fence his yard, has not enforced his rights for the dogs, and even relinquished his rights by letting my mom move them to tennessee from ct(however, that fell through, as my mom's house didn't sell for 2 years!)

the only contact he had with them was to dog-sit occasionally when we were out of town, and even then he complained about it.

barely 2 months ago, Aug 31st, my mom's house finally sold. she had a quick closing and didn't have time to find a new place before we had to vacate.

she moved in with a friend of hers, in a 3 bedroom house, with 4 adults. not to mention my grandmother's two english bulldogs and 6 puppies on the way!

my mother asked the ex to please watch the dogs at his home(still no fenced yard), until she found a new home and could take them back.

a month later, he called and said we would have to take the dogs. that they were too inconvenient for him, and that we were taking too long to find a new house.

he gave us until Oct 29th to pick up the dogs.

two weeks after the first phone call, he called again and said he had found a new family for the dogs. my mom said she would pick them up that day.

he said no. he said he was doing what was best for the dogs.

a week later, we found out the dogs had already been placed with a new family, with the help of our breeder.

we have attempted contact with the breeder, trying to make her understand that the dogs HAVE a home with us, we NEVER would even entertain the thought of giving them away. those are our babies and i would go hungry and homeless before i would get rid of them.

we contacted a lawyer, but may not even be able to do anything because of that one line in the divorce agreement!

due to our legal visitation rights, if he doesn't provide us with the information of the dogs' location we are able to hold him in contempt of court, along with the breeder, and bring them to court.

he even had the audacity to ask for a "reasonable amount of time" to pay her back for the vet bills!!!!!!!! when he never gave us a reasonable amount of time to get the dogs back!!!!! we had them for 3 years on our own, and he couldn't handle them for 2 months!!!!!!!!!!

can you believe this evil man?????

he doesn't want the dogs, he just doesn't want US to have them. he is only doing it to hurt us.

if you can think of ANYTHING or if you have SEEN teddy and cheyenne, PLEASE HELP US!!!!

we want our dogs back and we will stop at NOTHING to get them!!! Please pass their photo around, tell your friends, ask your family member who's a lawyer! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US!

i am crying hysterically thinking that i will never see my babies again, that i will never know if they are safe, or happy or if they are scared and confused.

if you have any heart, please help.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Re: PLEASE HELP! evil dog sitter GAVE AWAY my boxers!!!!!!!!

Sorry you are going thru what you are -

However, its a mess esp with any legal mention due to the divorce.  Instead of getting a gang together to try to get them back, I think it would be in the best interest to deal with the situation on an adult, civil manner, and not as revenge or anger in the divorce situation or to the ex husband.

I would IMO - talk to the breeder, if they will not talk, write a letter explaining that you were given a day to pick the dogs up, and they were placed before the dealine, and your housing situation.  See if any common ground can be met, but to be honest, if I was the breeder, and these were my pups I bred, and I had to opportunity to give them a stable home, and not one that they were bounced around and were not in a home that I thought was fit, I'd find them a "temportary" foster home until one party can get their stuff together and provide a stable home.  I think rehoming them without finding or talking about your situation may have been a little extreme, but maybe she did not know the entire story, and they really are doing what is best for the dogs (IMO).

So good luck, and sorry if I cannot  be of help.

·
Registered
578 Posts

OMG! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this..that is just awful. I would def. get a lawyer invloved!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

The only thing i can offer is my condolences' on the situation. I am truely sorry that this has happened, but i do agree that it is most likely going to be a big legal mess. I hope everything works out for you andyou are able to get your boxers back. I understand the anger you feel, for i have had a puppy stolen from me-not by a former loved one but a stranger. You have to keep your spirits up, and do act in an adult and civil manner-once you let the anger takeover  things can escalte to a point that could end up damaging you more than assisting you in this situation. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well obviously i'm not looking for a mob to egg his house or anything like that...

mostly i am just looking for advice and support, and if anyone has been through anything like this, their experiences with the situation...

thank you

*edited to add*: we have attempted to contact the breeder but she has only returned one phone call where we missed it, and hasn't returned any emails or subsequent phone calls.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

I would like I said write to the breeder, explain your situation and your housing arrangements and how everything is settled now and you are ableto take the dogs.  Explain how they have been in the family for a longtime and shall something not work out, that you will contact her and let her rehome, however you were never aware they were going to be placed without your notification.

Sticky situation, but think its your best bet.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

I would show up at the breeders house :).  BUT...it's not the breeders fault in this matter, it's the Ex's.  If he is one of the owners of the pups, it seems that he would have the right to give them up.

I am very sorry you have to go through this.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

Sorry you are going through this right now. I would first try contacting the breeder again, and if that fails contact your lawyer. I would contact the lawyer anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts