Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I found 2 stray dogs a few mornings ago. They were sleeping under my neighbor's car and approached me. They seem friendly and sweet.

Well heres the problem, Pepper my Boxer really does not dogs that are bigger than a Chihuahua. So since I've had them in the yard even separated by a gate, she has had to be in her crate almost all day/night. When I do take her out to go potty I have to leash walk her, and she cannot be free in the house because she goes nuts at the sliding glass window when she she's them. I'm so scared she is going to break the glass!! I already tried introducing them..no luck..*sigh* I feel so bad for Pepper, but at the same time, I feel bad for those dogs if I call the animal shelter. I don't want them to be euthanized!

My mom wants them out asap because of the issues with Pepper. I tried contacting Animal Assistance League of OC, they are full, and Beagles and Buddies rescue,they haven't responded yet :(

Here is a pic of the 2, female is one the right, male is on the left. They look young, possibly siblings.

If anyone could help me I'd would really really appreciate it! I really don't want to have to take them to the shelter..but it looks like I may have to :*(
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs328.ash1/28559_124475784252749_100000709839372_168044_5658270_n.jpg

28559_124475784252749_100000709839372_168044_5658270_n.jpg

·
Registered
516 Posts
You are very kind for taking these two in and trying to figure a way to help them. Have you tried introducing them in a neutral location? I like to introduce Ajay to new fosters by walking them together.

Have you checked them for microchips? "Found dog" add on Craigs List? Beagles are famous for taking off and they can travel far and fast. It would be really sad if someone just abandoned them to the street, though I wouldn't be terribly surprised but I would rather think that there is an owner out ther looking for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts