Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
LOl oh dear i just realized how poor my spelling and grammar were on my posts...

One more thing though... as a gauge for fair pricing i personally use the average cost of homing a boxer for a year... including medical, pest control, trips to "dairy queen", special trips to the beach, that extra pool filter you go through because of the dog fur it siphons out etc.

if you add it all up it really does hit about $1500 (healthy year with no accidents or surgery). So if you think about it if price reflects care requirements than the prices are spot on. This is one reason that price is not negotiable... if you are not willing to put the $$$ in to obtaining... what are you willing to do with out for maintaining.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Fraser, didn't even notice the grammar...! Thanks for all the advice, I like your way of thinking, you are obviously very dedicated to your dogs and great tips. Ever considered breeding yourself? ;-)

To add to the list of maintenance costs per year, the extra trips up to the cottage, that new pair of shoes you need because your old ones got chewed, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excited!

Hey,

Very excited, am on a waiting list to get one of Yassa's pups at the end of September. Both mum and dad look gorgeous. As you said Fraser, Liz has been amazing with advice and recommendations. Cannot wait that long! The rest of the family (in laws, siblings etc.) are also very excited and suggesting names... Its like we are expecting a baby!

Thanks again for all the suggestions I am so happy I have found an amazing breeder. I am sure I will be back on here a lot when we get the puppy home looking for more advice! xx

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey,

Very excited, am on a waiting list to get one of Yassa's pups at the end of September. Both mum and dad look gorgeous. As you said Fraser, Liz has been amazing with advice and recommendations. Cannot wait that long! The rest of the family (in laws, siblings etc.) are also very excited and suggesting names... Its like we are expecting a baby!

Thanks again for all the suggestions I am so happy I have found an amazing breeder. I am sure I will be back on here a lot when we get the puppy home looking for more advice! xx
congrats! keep us updated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for that recommendation! I am very happy with the breeder I am on a waiting list with, so will go with her... who knows in future though, as I hear that once a boxer owner you never go back (I have had other types of dog before).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Two is Plenty... you were also highly recommended! I am very happy, excited and feel very lucky to be getting one of the puppies. I will definitely post some pictures up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am currently researching breeders in the Ottawa area (between Toronto and Ottawa) and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with Cedar Hill Boxers Breeders? Any info you might have would be of great assistance.

Many thanks.

Julie

·
Registered
457 Posts
One has to wonder if these threads are legitmate or certain breeders start these themselves under new user accounts to promote themselves. Just food for thought for people looking. Do your own leg work physically in person. I wouldn't rely on a forum for something like this.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts