Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Please help me I dont understand

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Hedgey 
If your looking at crates, I'd go this route:

http://www.petco.com/product/6227/Petma ... nnels.aspx

Hoosier broke the bars of his metal crate (at about 10 months and 40 lbs) and could have hurt himself really badly. This one is impenetrable and I think he prefers the "enclosed" nature of it. No Problems at all and we can use it even we ever need to travel with him.

For house training with the crate, I'd keep taking the the trips outside and make a huge deal with treats, etc. when you pup goes outside. If you go out and they don't go, put her back in the crate for 15 mins and try again (you may have to pick her up if she goes as soon as you get back in the house). Be sure to make the crate a "safe" place for her first though. That method worked really well for us, even though it can be very time consuming. But Boxers are smart kiddos and pick up pretty quick. Also, you may have to do a super duper deep clean with some anti-pee enzymes stuff (like natures miracle) and other floor cleaner) to REALLY remove the smell, maybe even a new mop head. The doggies have a find of finding that spot even though we think its been thoroughly cleaned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.