Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: hi guys..i have already put a post up about this before..its about rossi peeing on his bed..he managed not to do it for about 3 days..then yesterday when my eldest son was sat with him he did a pee on it again..ive tried washing it without any powder so it was just in water hoping there would be no smell..as i thought that maybe he was trying to scent cover it by peeing......i am now at a loss!! he loves his bed and is lost without it when it has to be washed..any ideas why he does this and a possible cure???? x x michelle

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
How old is Rossi? Is he peeing because he gets too excited? Maddie will do that, especially when someone comes over to the house that she doesn't know.
As far as the urine smell, you could try natures miracle or urine be gone. They seem to work well.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Is his crate too big? I know that this can be a problem if they learn that they can pee in one spot and go lie down in another spot. If this seems to be what he's doing, I'd get a smaller crate.

Also, remove the bedding and make him sleep on the plastic crate pan. My guess is that he's learned that he can pee his bed and not have to deal with the consequences of doing so because the bedding is soaking up the moisture and drawing it away from his body. Sometimes peeing on the cold hard crate pan and having to deal with it a few times is all it takes for them to figure out that keeping it clean is a much better idea.

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rossi is 6 months old now...but he doesnt pee when he is excited...he just walks up to his bed and stands over it and pee's...and its not in his crate its in the family living area where he sits when we are at home.He tends to walk upto his bed and look around and do it quickly then runs off when he's done like he knows he has done something wrong!!! can anyone explain it???? michelle x x

·
Registered
744 Posts
It sounds like he's marking. To stop it, I'd do three things:

1) have him neutered
2) ditch the old bed and buy a new one
3) buy a belly band and leave it on him for a couple of weeks

Having him neutered will help to control the hormones. Throwing the old bed out and buying a new one will get rid of the smell (if it smells like a potty, it is a potty). The belly band will cause him to wet himself if he tries to mark, which he won't care for and should deter him from doing it again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what on earth is a belly band???!!!! i cant say ive ever heard of them here..x x michelle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts