Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I do not have a deaf boxer, but here are a couple of suggestions that hopefully you find helpful.  If time allows, why don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was able to find help on the net as well. Its going to take a lot of time and work. Unfortunately, the wife and i both work 40-60 hours a week so our time is limited. Four kids and a dog will make you grey before your time. Ill have to go over options with the wife. I dont want to give up on the dog however, i want whats best for him as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow - lots of obstacles. You sound sincerely concerned for your puppy's welfare and I know you will make the best decision for him and your family. Best of luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, um im just a new member so bare with me as i try to get used to this whole forum thing!!!  I have had my boxer for about 2 or so years now and i have always trained her with hand signals as well as voice commands. Im not  sure if this is any help or not but i would try a LOT of food rewards. I know when training our girl she reacted so well to food and if your puppy does also it might be somewhat helpful! As for the whole family giving him different commamds, i would just concentrate on training him yourself and when he has got the hang of it and is an expert i would bring the whole family in on it and go for it! From my experiance boxers are very loving and intelligent animals! I bet if you give him half a chance he wont dissapoint you!!

Regards, Deas  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts