Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One question,
What's with the GAS!!!!!  Puppy is only 10 weeks now but OMG can she clear a room.
I'm feeding her Science Diet puppy food. Is it the food?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin has gas sometimes... though when he has it... it's not ALL that bad. We just feed him Purina One Healthy Puppy Formula... and they actually state it's suppose to help with gas, firmness of poop, shinny coat... something called "the 30 day challenge". When we were reading up on boxers before we got him Steven read in several different places that Boxers had a "flatulence issue".  :rofl:  We use to have a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog... and hers were WAY WORSE!!  :sick:  She was awesome other than that! LOL  :lol:

Here's a pic cuz' most people have NEVER heard of that breed...
8wks old

1 1/2 yrs old

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well, I changed from Hill's Science on the advice of several people here, apparently it's not that great.  But the gas is just a Boxer thing, regardless of the food!

My pair are completely toxic!  Once or twice I've actually gone to check if one of them pooed on the floor, it's been so bad!  Tink has a knack for aiming them right at your face too!  I swear she does it on purpose...

Having said that, I also think that a certain boyfriend has tried to pass one or two of his off as theirs!  8O

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Boxers are know for the deadliest form of gas! They have a very short intestinal tract, whalla....gas!!  8O
Try a tablespoon of yogurt each night. You can also mix it in with the food. Just make sure it is plain unsweetened yogurt. That will help A LOT!!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, when we first got Angel, I swear we needed gas masks to be in the same room with her...As I've changed foods, it's gotten better, but It definitely is a boxer thing :)  The yogurt will help tho...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts