Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to rent a holter monitor for my savannah. she is a 4 yr.old white female boxer. can anyone please help. have spent over $4000.00 trying to find out what's wrong w/her. about to lose my mind. thanks so much

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Sorry to hear that there is something wrong.  I wish I could help but i have no idea what a holter monitor is.!!!  GOOD LUCK in your search though!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
So sorry to hear that your having great troubles. Please keep us posted as to how things work out..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You will have to go to the cardiologists to have one put on your dog.  They need to shave the spots and hook up the electrodes in the appropriate spots. It usually costs about $300 for the 24 hour long monitor recording session.  My dogs haven't seemed to mind the inconveinence.  Fortunately the machines are much smaller now than the first few times we had to use one.  I have been to NCSU for this and they are quite nice.  They will probably want to do an ultrasound first, unless you've already had one done.  That runs about $300 or so.  You must suspect cardio problems or you wouldn't be looking in this direction.  I have been thru the heart problems, so if you have any questions, I will help with answers on what I know.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You have been given some great advice from Newcastle & Nano..Hope it helps & very sorry to hear that your baby is ill...Please feel free to ask any questions & hoping you get some answers about what's wrong..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts