Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going through a divorce and I moved in with a friend and his mom said I could keep Reeko there with me and then she decided to have a change of mind so I convinced the ex to let him stay here until I found him a place! Like a week went by and homes came and gone! I had to refuse them because they all wanted him for breeding. The ex decided to keep him and come to find out hes been making him stay in his crate ALL day! Hes miserable and it kills me to see him in there and when I come back here I make sure to take him out and we play for hours! He needs a new home asap! Its killing me inside to know he has to stay in his crate all day long! If I cant find him a home Im going to take him to a rescue but I thought I would post it here first! The ex is now threatening to take him to the pound if I dont find him a home in a week or two!!

G

·
0 Posts
wow, that really sucks...I feel so bad for you.  Your husband sounds like a huge jerk!  I'm sure you can find him a good home, he's a beautiful boy!  good luck

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is being THE BIGGEST DIC* about it!!!!!!! Sorry for the foul language but Im heated!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wow i am sooooo sorry. I wish i was closer or at least has a decent running vehicle because i would just take him til you were able to take him back if needed.Or just keep him period. I am soooo sorry !!!!! Wish i was closer really

G

·
0 Posts
I feel so bad you are having to go through this.  Not only a divorce which is bad enough, but he is being a jerk about your dog   :?    this is what i would say  :fU:   is it ok to post that?  it was in the emoticons!  

If I was closer I would love to help you out!  I really really hope someone closer can take him.  I WOULD HATE for him to end up in the pound   :(

Ands its more than ok to vent!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would take him in a heartbeat if I was closer to you or if I could get off work to come get him.  If you could find him a place until April, I could get would be able to take some vacation time.

·
Registered
882 Posts
OMG what a terrible situation for you, I can't believe your X is being such a jerk and threaten to bring Reeko to the pound; how heartless and cold :(
I wish I was closer, I would drop what I'm doing and go get him right now...I sure hope someone here can take him for you...So sorry your going through all this...please vent some more if you feel the need...

G

·
0 Posts
what is going on with Roxy?  Are you able to keep her?  I feel really bad for you and your kids- fur and skin...If you need to vent  we're all here for ya...divorce isn't easy on anyone involved.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hes keeping Roxy because he likes her!! He said that too me believe it or not and he said he HATES reeko! To tell you the truth I think he sees Roxy as a cash cow. He actually let her and Reeko go together when she was just in heat and god knows if anything happened! I was piss*d about that! I told him if he couldnt handle Roxy and Reeko how is he going to handle a litter of puppied when hes NEVER here???

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm SOOOO SORRY to hear what's going on! Some of us were just wondering why you haven't been on in a while.  :(  :(

I fell in love with Reeko the day you posted pictures of him... he's soooo handsome... I wish I could take him!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
my gosh i am so sorry to hear about this. if i was closer i would take reeko in a second...he's a beauty. and i pray that roxy doesnt turn into a puppy factory. she is so beautiful as well. Hope everything works out and if anyone lives nearby PLEASE think about taking him if only until he can be found a permanent placement!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I know money might be an issue in times like this, but would it be possible to get them both fixed? Maybe at a shelter?  This would ensure they wouldn't be going to a home just to be bred at least.
I am so sorry you have to go through this though... I hope everything works out for the best.

·
Registered
441 Posts
How far are you away from MD? I might be somewhat in the middle for you and kiahsmom......I would be able to temporarily keep him....I doubt my hubby would agree as a forever home....but just for a few weeks, we would love another furbaby....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i was gonna say... someone could do a train and we could find someway to get him to someone on the forum

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult time Cindy -especially with young children :( . Best of luck finding a solution for Reeko and hope you find lots of courage to cope with everything. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Cindi - I have a lady in NY looking for a male.  She wants a puppy but may take an older one.   Give me some time to see if she can help.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts