Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank ya'll for the support. Update on Gramma, we went to Misssouri on Saturday, they called the family in because they weren't sure if she was going to make it thru the night. They put her on a ventilator, she had tubes coming out of EVERYWHERE. They are going to try to see if she can breathe on her own, and if not, they will just let her go. She doesn't want to be kept a live if she is going to be a vegtable. So its pretty much a wait and see thing right now. She's still in CCU, we had to come home, but I'm sure we'll have to make another trip up there soon. Thanks again!!! Love ya'll

·
Registered
893 Posts
As a nurse that worked in an ICU I have seen many families make the heartwrenching decision to let their loved ones go naturally. It is a very hard decision and you will see that it is the right thing to do in the end. I am sure your Grandmother was a wonderful woman who would want to be remembered with love and dignity, not as the woman you see in the ICU. Remember her as she was and know that you and your family did all you could for her and that it is her time to be free from pain and suffering. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Luann is right, my mother passed several years ago from breast cancer, it was so hard to let her go but we did not want to prolong her suffering (her wishes) so we had to do what was best for her.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  We had to make that difficult decision last year with my grandmother.  I broke my heart to say goodbye, I understand how you're feeling.  Take care.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It is a difficult decision. But on the other hand, it is selfish for us to want her to stay here with us like she is. The Pulmonolgist is supposed to be taking her off the Profanol today to see where we stand. She had made it clear that she wants to go if that's what's God's will for her is. She is a very strong Christian, and is ready to go when it is time. It was just so hard to see her with all that stuff coming out of her, and all of the monitors hooked up. I'll let ya'll know something when I find out what's going on. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have ya'll to talk to! Thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's not an easy decision to make as I well remember when my mother lay in a coma in Hawaii...She had specific orders stating that she didn't wnat to be kept alive by way of a ventilator, so we believe when she went on it(at her request), she knew what was happening..After watching her for 3 days and watching every major organ shut down, my sister and I decided it was time to let go...Kris, I hear what you are saying about seeing all those machines hooked up to your grandmother, and feeling so dang helpless. That was our reaction when we saw our mother, that and total shock that she spiraled down so very fast....My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It's so hard to watch a loved one going through this. My thought's are with you and your family right now. If it is your grandmother's time, I do hope she has a peaceful passing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts