Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably won't be around for a while. My grandmother is in critical condition. She fell right before Christmas, broke her knee cap in 1/2 ,  and broke her nose. She's 83 and lives like she's 50!!! Anyway, she had surgery, and had to go to a nursing home for physical therapy, and then Tues night she was rushed to the hospital not being able to breathe. When she got there, they said she had pneumonia, Well to make a long story short, whe was put in the Critial Care Unit this morning with heart failure. Would ya'll please keep her in your thoughts and prayers? I just talked to my  mother and she said this is the begining of the end. I'll update ya'll later. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry Kris...

unfortunately, I see stories like this a lot in the hospitals.  With an elederly body..it just takes one thing to weaken them and it goes downhilll from there...My great grandmother was in her 90's when she fell and broke her hip...took only a very short time for her to lose her will to live and leave us...It's very hard...but just remember...if this is the time..which it may not be...a hospital is not a death sentence...she lived like she was 50 thirty-five years longer than most people...sounds like she had a nice, full, and active life up to now...lucky her!  We will definately keep you and yours in our prayers and hope the God's will be it a recovery or to take her will occur and that the pain and suffereing that she is in will be short

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry. We will be thinking of her and your family.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wishing your grandmother a speedy recovery; you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
sorry sweetie..i know its tough to lose a loved one..it maybe ok thoough...never know..i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...stay strong

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Im sorry this is happening but maybe she will get better. My grandmother is 83 and she had pneumonia in critical unit as well ..she is a character tho and when she thought that my parents may not take care of "arrangements" correctly and called everyone stupid and tried to steal her neighbors clothes to leave the hospital she decided to get better and is still bossing everyone around now as normal. I will pray she gets better and keep you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Kris, I am very sorry to hear that..I will be keeping your whole family in my prayers and sending some healing vibes to your grandmother

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Please Keep us in your thoughts- UPDATE

Thank ya'll for the support. After I wrote this post, they called the family in. She had to be intubated and put on the ventalator. She also had an artirial line put in, and basically its a wait and see thing. She has good days and bad days. They are going to try to take her off the profanol( the med. that is keeping her sedated so she won't try to fight the ventalator) and if she breaths on her own, there may be a chance she'll come out of this. It's all in God's hands right now. I've  seen this before, but its so hard when its someone you love going thru it. Thanks so much. I really feel ya'll are family. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts