Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to our nominees, this month we are spotlighting our many rescue babies, no matter how rough their lives started out, they all have such great homes now :) And here's our winner :clap2:

:clap2: ISIS :clap2:

Name: Isis..Goddess Of New Beginnings
Nicknames: pretty girl, stink pot, ewww you're gross, old lady
How did you get your boxer:most all of you know the story..BUT here goes ..
Isis was used by a BYB in Hawaii as a puppy machine, she was kept outside for 4 years in a concrete kennel, NEVER EVER let out ! then dumped her in a back alley in downtown Honolulu but someone got their plate number ! 100% deaf !...she was found and brought to the humane society but was listed right away as un adoptable and put on list to be euthanized b/c she was so sick. my good friend was the manager and had gotten us Onyx a month before ..she called us at 5 am on a sunday..all it took was 2 minutes seeing Isis to know she needed us..had her spayed that next day and brought her home ! it has taken us almost 4 years to teach her everything youd teach a brand new puppy..she had never known love, a family, or even what grass feels like..she was 17 pounds emaciated at 4 yrs old !!... shes about 80 now !
Favorite Toy:her bear !
Favorite food: hmm yogurt
Favorite thing to do: ANYTHING with us..doesnt matter as long as shes included
What is the one thing we should know about your boxer:
shes 100% deaf and you'd never know it...shes a WONDERFUL therapy dog for my autistic son and shes proved that over and over again...she really seems to be trying to do the same for the baby also..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww....Congratulations Isis!!!!!!! (or is it Spot?) :lol:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
awwww, I didnt know her story, so sad!!! but a glad she ound such a great home! she is such a pretty lady!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congratulations Spotty! :up: :up: <:p Isis is a great example of how stoic this breed is :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Isis deserves it! She's beautiful and so lucky to have you as a new, true mommy and family! Congratulations!!! 8)

What a shame that some people can be so cruel. :no:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Congrats to Isis and mostly to her new loving family who rescued and rehabilitated her - that is excellent and very patient work. The world needs more people like you. <:p

G

·
0 Posts
:clap2: Yay Isis!

She is one of the pretties boxers I have ever seen. I have heard her story before and it amazes me every time how far she came. :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.