Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody...we have a prayer request for a baby boxer girl....she is Mic and Indys littermate sister Sophie...she "threw up something plastic" and has been VERY lethargic...they rushed her to the vet and he said her gums are grey and she doesn't look good at all...they were going to do xrays immediately...we haven't heard anything back yet...please just pray them Sophie and my bil and sil...they are BESIDE themselves with worry...she is only 8 months old...poor darlin...they had to carry her everywhere...which is SO not like her!  

Please pray!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
We feel for you.

We will keep you in our prayers.

Nano

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Thoughts are on their way to Miss Sophie this morning. Update us as soon as you hear anything.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thoughts and prayers and tons of healing vibes going out to Sophie.....Jeanene, please let us know how it goes, por baby....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope Sophie is going to be all right, she will be in the our thoghts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: PLEASE PRAY.........(UPDATE)

Soph is in surgery right now(I just got home from an appointment and got the news) they did a couple of different ultrasounds and finally decided there was something going on in her stomach...something about a change in the stomach lining...I will post as soon as I hear how she did!!!

Thanks everyone for the prayers!

Sharon...I called them first thing this morning about requesting the xray with air...and i am thinking that is part of why they did TWO ultrasounds...I think they did one and didn't see anything and then did the next with the air or some kind of contrast, I am not sure...but, they were VERY grateful for that advice! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Re: PLEASE PRAY.........(UPDATE)

JeanenesBoogerBabies\";p=\"65798 said:
Sharon...I called them first thing this morning about requesting the xray with air...and i am thinking that is part of why they did TWO ultrasounds...I think they did one and didn't see anything and then did the next with the air or some kind of contrast, I am not sure...but, they were VERY grateful for that advice! Thank you!
I am glad if it helped.  It is a trick I learned along the way and at times has made all the difference......

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: PLEASE PRAY.........(she's out of surgery!Sharon?)

Sophie is out of surgery and stable!!  Very strange...when they got in there, they didn't "find anything in her stomach" however, she had "inflammation" of the inside AND outside of her stomach AND the inside and outside of her intestines? Isn't that strange? They said it might have been caused by a foreign substance...no tumors and the bleeding has stopped...they didn't say the name for it or whether or not they actually located the bleeding...but, there is some medication that they can give to her (and have) that is supposed to help...I will, again, post more info as I get it! Just wanted to let you know she is stable, and given her age, they expect her to bounce right back!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thank God she will be ok, it is a worry as our boxer babies eat anything that doesn't eat them first. Isn't it great that we can all come toether in times of need.

Luann

1 - 20 of 23 Posts