Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that likes to buy dog toys almost every time I go into the pet store  :lol:

Last night we went there to pick up her food and we ended up looking at toys.  My Dh wanted the big one for her but there was no way she would be able to even pick it up right now.  So we bought the smaller one (they came in 3 sizes).   Maggie loves it!

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... 26214&Ne=2

Any toys to recommend?  She loves squeaky but she loves tug-a-war games as well.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I almost bought one of those for my dogs yesterday  lol...istead i wasted my money on "BoBo" and they were destroyed in 3 minutes flat   lol

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
THAT'S ME!! I prolly buy him at LEAST one toy every time we go to petsmart... sometimes even walmart.

Odin's been good about his bobo... but recently he'd finally had enough... along with his rubber chicken (GET THAT!) and his pheasent. He was in destruction mode last night I guess. He also loves the tennis balls that squeak... though he always managed to get his tooth right where the squeaker was and push it into the ball (then no more squeakers)! We bought him the football that squeaks and he has yet to mess that up... so we bought more tennis balls and he hasn't ruined them either.

I read some where that it wasn't good or healthy to play tug-o-war games with your dog... so we try not to... but sometimes it ends up happening... like last night... I wouldn't let go of his giraffe I got from walmart and he was determined to get it... so he ripped it in half... I wasn't paying that much attention cuz' I was trying to talk to hubby but wow.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I was trying to look for a quick link... something about it being a game in dominance... some people say not to let them win too often and others say just to avoid the game... makes sense to me... I just don't remember everything they said about it so I was trying to find something on it but my girly needs some attending to right now... I'll be back in a bit... hopefully I can find a good link on it. I'm not saying not to play with your dog... hundreds of thousands of people do it everyday with their dogs... we could always see what Liz says.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah, I think Marie is on the right track. I believe it has something to do with the fact that you are the "pack leader" and if you play tug-o-war with your dog, you are essentially fighting for the leader position in the pack. That's why you see puppies playing it often, they are seeking leadership in the pack. Or, something along those lines. Does that make any sense?
I'll admit I still play it with Maddie occasionally. She just does not want to give up her toys!  :?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah LOVES the rubber chicken!! That is really the only toy either of mine play with. Savannah will be playing with it, Reese will trot over and snatch and so the game begins

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can rest assured that you are not the only one.   :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... like I said I read, watched or heard something to that affect... so I was like okay... well we just won't play it with him... since he already has issues with not dropping his toys on command. When he does... maybe we'll play every once in a while... but...

anyway... don't buy that stick tennis thing with the squeaky Odin just sat and chewed on it like a dog bone and had the squeaker destroyed in 10 seconds and just continued to chew on it till we had to throw it away... but we haven't had anymore issues with the tennis balls or tennis footballs that squeak! Even Nikki wants to play with the football but it's too big for her mouth. I want to get her the smaller one but we're afraid Odin would swallow it or something!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
To quote my mother last night...
"You buy Lola a new toy every week, I can't imagine if you had children...they'd either be very spoiled because you'd be buying them something new every week or have nothing because you'd still be buying Lola a new toy every week."

You're not the only one! :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Guilty here too!  Bad thing is that Teaki now EXPECTS a toy anytime I bring in a plastic store bag.  She gets very upset when one doesn't come out of the bag!   :?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I have a similar one, without the squeak though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"21337 said:
Nope, you are not the only one..

O M G! Thats whats known, down here in the South, as a 'Buttload' (well, put nicely)! Miss Chloe isn't spoiled AT ALL!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea Shari, I had forgotten about all those toys that Miss Chloe has....Wow....Guilty here as well, except Angel has been in destruction mode this last week, killed 4 toys, so I'm making a list out of what needs to be replaced, everything! Lol....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Oh I know there are people on here worse then me!! Come on guys fess up..don't make me look like the crazy toy lady here.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts