Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i have an 8 month old boxer and he has problems when he runs. maybe it has something to do with his legs because he was caged for 2 months by the owner and just did some trainings for him. now, he's learning to walk and run but when he runs, he runs sideways.. is there anything that i can do? also, how can i make him gain weight? what food and how will i feed him? i have optima hi-pro now, is that fine? what else will i feed him for him to eat alot? pls try to help me on this.. thanks!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For the running issue--
I would see a vet about that.  It could be neuro, but it could also be due to his "caged" time with his former owner.

For the food issue--
Feeding a high grade food is a great way to get your pup to gain weight.  Also supplementing with low fat plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and peanut butter is good too.  We have a stickey on here that grades your food to give you an idea of the quality.  I wouldn't necessarily worry about quantity, but quality.  Is your Boxer pup skinny?  Underweight?  So long as the spine and hips aren't clearly visible, your Boxer's weight is fine.  They are a "thin" breed, carrying very lean, solid muscle and little body fat.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, about the running issue. the vet said that it was about the caged time and it will still go back to normal, but its almost a month and still the same, except that he is now active.. im just worrying about the sickness that boxers get regarding their hind legs, i hope there's nothing serious..

about the food, i will try to mix it in his dog food, yeah he is skinny.. hw many cups should i serve? and per day? what dog food can u suggest? coz i want hm to gain more weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts