Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.
We just cam in from our morning potty and poo.  When we got inside, I noticed a little blood on Henry's anus.
I took a flashlight out to look at the poo and didn't see any blood.
Should I be concerned?  Is he constipated?
I'm gonna call the vet, but they don't open for two more hours(it's 6 am here now).
Thanks.
Zhanna

·
Registered
186 Posts
His poo could have just scatched something like it does on humans when the poo is too hard. But I would call the vet to make sure.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  But if the poo is too hard, does that mean he's constipated?  Should I try to give him something to losen him up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think it means he is constipated. It could be something that didn't digest all the way like corn does with humans. I would look at it again the next time you take him out poopy.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That happens sometimes and most of the time it is nothing to be worried about as Melissa said they can have something that just did not settle out right and have a hard time passing that, once it is done it is done.....If there was no blood on the poop and just the anus then that is probably what happened....

Fiona had that issue a few weeks ago, she seemed to have a hard time going and then I saw a little blood on her back end...I went to find the poop and it was green/red/purple and pink....all moxed up with regular poop.....I thought about it and realized that I saw my daughter eating gummie worms and Fiona must have got one.....No other problems after that...

The next time you all go outside on a poop break and if it seems Henry's stool are really hard, firm and dry he could be constipated a little...The best thing to give is about a tablespoon to 2 tablespoons of mineral oil.....Dont go overboard or you will have loose stool to deal with :) The mineral oil just helps everything come out smooth.....

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks.
He has to go to the vet today for shots.  Called the vet and they said to bring the specimen and they will check him out while we're there.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts