Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used one last year. Two big dogs pooping in a small yard for 5 months was way to much for me to take care of! I'm in Ottawa and the company was called The Poop Squad and I think I paid.. $150 They did a good job. The only crappy part was that since I didn't pick up aaannny poops all winter the clean up was pretty hard on my lawn and my grass didn't grow back. Other than that though I was happy with it. Left for work with a full yard of poop and came home to a poop free yard!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use a leaf-take and a shovel every weekend. I have a larger sized back yard, probably over 2,000 square feet of grass, but I can get it cleaned in about an hour to an hour and a half. It's quicker than going on a turd hunt with just a shovel, and there's little chance I leave any bombs behind.

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
I could also use a one time service like that. 1/2 and acre back yard.... 6-8 dogs for the past 6 months.. I might just put an ad on Kijiji and see if someone will come in for $15 an hr

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I never even heard of having someone come to clean up poo, we pick up as soon as they go. I have 4 dogs it would be a poo haven if I didn't. Maybe I should suggest it to our HOA, for those who walk and don't scoop it up. A neighborhood young person maybe looking to earn movie $.?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I never even heard of having someone come to clean up poo, we pick up as soon as they go. I have 4 dogs it would be a poo haven if I didn't. Maybe I should suggest it to our HOA, for those who walk and don't scoop it up. A neighborhood young person maybe looking to earn movie $.?
Those of us with smaller back yards or kennel areas really need to clean daily to keep it from getting tracked in the house. Just have to get in the habit of doing it. It's a lot easier than the overwhelming job of a winters worth.
I see some nasty back yards when I'm working on peoples houses. I think that stuff is getting tracked right back in the house. eew.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Another thing to think about re: poop is that some home inspectors are now checking yards for animal waste on pre home sale inspections. The seller in some cases is required to remediate the contaminated soil. (remove the top layer, replace with new topsoil)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Where do I sign up?? I think after winter this would be great! I try my best to get out and get the poop, but with snow up to my butt it's been difficult, I'm sure once this is all melted I'll be saying holy crap I missed some. ..lol or a lot !! I think it would be a great job for a little person looking for a little cash..

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
We go out every couple of days in the winter to pick up poop. I couldn't imagine leaving it there all winter! eeewwww.... lol Our neighbor doesn't even scoop in the summer on a daily basis and we get some nasty smells floating into our yard because of it.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
My hubby is in charge of poop clean up...but...he has been doing a lot of O/T lately and then the freezing temps lately has stalled the routine. We are lucky that we have a "potty area" so we don't have to hunt per se

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
We bought our house from a guy with three huge dogs and I don't think he EVER picked up poop. There was still snow on the ground when we bought so I couldn't see the entire extent of the poop until it melted. You could not take a single step without there being poop, and our front yard is 4 acres! I enquired with some poop clean up companies but even they wouldn't come and do it because of the amount of poop and the size of the yard. it took me three full 8 hour days to clean it up. In the winter I try to pick it up whenever the weather allows it, but if it freezes into the snow, or if it snows overtop then it has to stay there until spring.

My dad used a clean up service once (in Saskatoon) and he said it was awesome, I think it costed him $150 (he was not a dog person but was stuck with three dogs when my mom left him, so he didn't pick up poop in the yard for about 6 months) and he said the yard was pristine when he got home after work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We try to pick up as we go. Some times it just doesn't happen. So once a week we do the rounds ( Ahh we as in me ...) . I also do a strip along the neighborhood
that everyone uses. It get over loaded and we routinely walk this area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts