Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we have been feeding dungy raw for a few weeks now and when we started adding muscle meat his poop softened up BUT since feeding raw his poop has been really really hard... like it is sooo hard for him to get it out and he tries for ever and once he gets it out it is a huge dingle berry kind of thing.

Is there something i can do to fix this or is this kinda normal??? I need help

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
A tablespoon of pumpkin will usually do the trick.  You could add it to each feeding.  I just use the canned and keep it on hand.  Is also good for the scoots too.  It helps regulate them.

Nano

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It is normal for it to be harder and smaller than when eating kibble.  If it looks like he is painfully straining though, maybe he is getting too much bone?
Are you feeding any offal yet? that will loosen stools too, but you don't want to feed too much.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes. :)

Feeding a lot of bone will make them constipated. Feeding a lot of muscle meat will make them loose.

Try to keep things balanced and his stools will look better. Think of the whole animal and the meat to bone ratios that occur there - backs have more bone, thighs have more meat. Wings have more bone, breasts have more meat. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts