Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is a new delicacy for Duke he runs outside and gobbles up rabbit crap.. the icing on the cake today duke was up on the sofa jumped down and vomited up a pile of rabbit turds, anyone else's dog love "foreging" for poop? How on earth do I discourage this? I don't even know how the buggers get in my fenced backyard... thankfully he doesn't eat his own crap... also he loves cat poop especially being the ground is frozen and our cat can't bury his nuggets, lately we have limited are morning cuddles cause lord only knows what his morning snack was. :puke::sick::sick:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
LOL too funny but not. Yes some of my dogs will try and grab rabbit poo especially my older chihuahua. I actually scoop it up so they don't get into it. What a pain that is but who knows what rabbits carry. We occasionally, this time of year have coyotes run thru the area (and I'm in a sub division) a lot of their land has been taken over by humans and they keep the rabbit population at bay. This year I haven't heard any and only passed a sick one on the highway so we have more rabbits than usual.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bunny turds!! Oh yes! Guinness is a huge fan. I think we now have all paths blocked off and haven't seen any in the last while, thank god!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, Willow loves bunny poop! I'm going to have to start picking it up off the lawn when the spring comes so she doesn't eat it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ours loves the rabbit poop too. It's so annoying. She resists so much when I try and pull her away from it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Carefully with the bunny poop. Rabbits are notorious for carrying Giardia.
Yep, and worms too. Thats why I look silly to my neighbors but I go out with a plastic bag and scoop up as much as I can. I'm always afraid the dogs could pick something up that way, especially my one old chihuahua who has taken up lately eating dirt or just biting the ground looking for worms. I'm actually limiting his loose time and just walking him where he can't get into things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, both my boxers love bunny poo. We have chickens and they enjoy their droppings also. I just can't figure it out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts