Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is my story......
   Newt had this intestinal bleeding, from what? We dont know! We had her stool checked for worms and nothing was found, she was on Anti's for about 5 days and it seemed to clear up, Now I am a nervous wreak! I always clean it up out of the yard (daily) Now I am noticing it is way smaller than it was before and 2 different colors( normal & almost black). Newt has been through the ringer from head to toe and I am so tired of giving her meds... Her bowel movements seem to be much smaller, normal in color at times... but to me, Im still freaked out. My husband claims I am a worry wart but.... She is my life! Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww poor Newt....and YOU. I have no advice as Sadie has never experienced anything like this...hope nothing else is wrong with her and I'm sure someone will be able to offer some good advice. Sadie sends some of her puppy kisses and hugs to you both

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've noticed Gaby's poops are sometimes a mixture of two different colors, a lite brown and a darker brown, never black though, but her food and her cookies are different in colors so I'm assuming this is the reason...poor Newt, she's such a sweet little girl, I really hope there's nothing wrong...I can understand you being a nervous wreck, I would be to, because I am a worry wart when it comes to my little Gaby, as she is also my life!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I feel so bad for you and your baby.
Attila is the same way sometimes.  He is just like me and gets very stressed out.  When we switch food he gets the same way, when we take him to the vet and gets shots or like now with the broken leg it happened again.  Attila just gets over stressed when certain things happens and then his poop becomes runny or diarhea with blood mixed in also.  I dont know what the reason is except for him getting over stressed and the meds that the vet gives us to give to him.  Me and the wife just try to keep him calm and make him feel special and within a few days his poop thickens up again.  

I am no vet but when this just happened to attila after breaking his leg they told us to stop giving the meds to him because that could be causing complications with his body and making his poop have blood in it.  I hope someone has a better answer for you, I would also call a few other vets that maybe near you to get advise, that is what we do for our two boxers.  I say one might have a better answer then another, therefore always ask for oppinions from multiple vets.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its funny Newt shows no sign of anything(always active). We have no clue what it was... I am hoping just a passing virus! The Vet I had, had to leave becuase the Company took over , now there are 2 men there that Im not sure I really like. Newt had a Hystiocytoma(sp) and they gave gave me this steriod cream... well sure enough the Hystio went away, 2 weeks later the bleeding colon (whatever) ... Then Newt had this drip from her vulva... almost yellowish and they gave me the same damn cream... I find it odd that they have this cure all cream for all these problems...Hence giving her Yogart. She has been my problem child since day one and I think it was because she was the runt. I just care for her so much, like she is my child! I just want the best for her. Many Hugs and lix from Newt and of course the boxer jab :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Attila was the runt as well and he also gets babied like crazy by me and my wife.  Has the vet tried xrays or anything to see if there is anything wrong with her organs?  Attila had xrays done with his broken leg and they showed that he has built up gas therefore he gets Malox twice a day.  Daphne was the same way but she got xrays done to see how much foam she had eaten and how much they were going to be able to remove.  She ended up pooping it out but now she is on Malox twice aday as well.  The Malox does work because they dont fart as much anymore.  

Boy, I went way off subject.  I hope Newt gets better soon.  Is there another vet near by that you can take her too?  Maybe they would be able to help you more if you seem unsure about the two new vets at your current animal hospital.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wish I had some answers for you; just hope it is nothing serious and Newt will be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts