Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's 5:00 a.m. and Henry just vomited.  It wasn't much.  It was a little reddish-orange color, not like his food.  It didn't have food in it, just some slimy stuff.  Now he won't take a drink of water or eat any yogurt. :?

What am I doing to my baby that he keeps having theses problelms?!?!

I feel like a bad mom! :oops:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Dont feel bad.....he just has a sensitive stomach.....it will figure itself out.

What happened different for the last few days to this morning?

Same food, same amount, soaking or dry, yogurt, meds, cheese???

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had a bully stick yesterday.  But he's had those before w/out any problems.

It seems like we've been having problems since switching from puppy to adult food.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We do worry so much about our babies.  I think Sharon is right, your Henry may just have a sensitive tummy.  

We have these problems off and on with our Dixie for years but she has thrived in spite of it.   I feed her three times a day to keep something in her tummy at all times.   One feeding after 7 p.m. so she won't get too empty overnight.  Still from time to time she will wake up in the early a.m. with her tummy growling and squeeling loudly and she will refuse food.  She goes through periods where she will vomit a lot too.  I know this is against all of the rules but for some reason, a little milk seems to settle her tummy.   I have seen so much on this forum about using yogurt, I will try that instead of milk when she has her next upset.  Sometimes she will even refuse milk.  Usually after a couple of hours the tummy settles down and she will eat.   When this happens I do the rice and chicken for a day or so and then start back with her regular food.  

I think Henry is a very lucky boy to have a mommy who cares so much for him. :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww, poor Henry...and no you are not a bad mommy! A bad mommy wouldn't be on here looking for ideas to help him.
Have you tried the yogurt everyday? Is he still taking his meds?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He finally had a tablespoon of yogurt this morning.  I didn't give him any yogurt yesterday.  I'm going to wait a while to see if he will  have any breakfast.

He has two days of antibiotic left.  I wonder if that has something to do with it?  It just seems like everything has happened at once, so it's hard to pin-point a problem.

p.s.
i've got an upper respritory infection.
fever, coughing, stuffy head.  OUCH! :sick:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Geesh, I hope you both get better fast!
I would give him 2 tablespoons of yogurt every night, a couple hours after his dinner. I give Maddie her yogurt every night at 9 pm. If she doesn't get it, it's pretty much a guarantee that she will throw up by 4 am. Yogurt is a great probiotic to use especially since he is taking antibiotics now. Just make sure it is the lowfat plain unsweetened kind.
Good luck trying to figure this out, and hope you feel better!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Poor Henry, he sure is having a rough time of it lately. And sounds like you are as well....No, you aren't a bad mommy, heck like was already said, you wouldn't be looking for answers if you were. Hoping you get some answers real quick, it is very frustrating.. Hugs to you both and get better!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hope he gets feeling better soon.  Have you tried feeding him a little human baby food lamb mixed with some cooked rice.  Sometimes that helps, or could it be that he just doesn't tolerate antibiotics?  I'd listen to Sharon as she is the expert.  Maybe there is something in the environment that he's getting into - like chewing on a plant or something you haven't thought of.  Good luck with finding what works for him.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="Taymickey\";p=\"25082":2zfztyyd]I'm not sure how old Henry is but you can feed them puppy food up to a year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can I ask what the antibiotics are for? Debo has been on antibiotics for the past 3 weeks and the side effect is not wanting to eat, tiredness, and vomiting. It was pretty rough for him for the first week and a half and he doesn't throw up anymore, but the meds took a toll on him :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah didn't have any problems with the muffins on Sunday but I think I gave her too many on Monday; we had a bought of diarrhea Tuesday am.  I gave her some non-fat plain yogurt last night and she was much better this morning.  They love them so much it is hard not to give them too many.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would advise quit feeding the bully sticks or anything like that.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, so far, so good today.

He had nothing but food and a little yogurt yesterday.  We'll see how it goes!

Thanks guys.

Z

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sounds good.  I think it is probably a combination of the med's Primor is a harsh one on an empty stomach and the treats (getting to many).....Just see how it goes for a few days and then you can probably put some sort of pattern to it..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts