Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in chat last night this came up and everyone enjoyed it so much, I thought I would share it with the rest of the forum.....

I have been taking my pups out to potty every time they sniff.. I'm trying to prevent accidents... Anyway.  Here is an example of our potty break routine.

I go to the door and ring the bell and say  "Come on kiddos... Let's go potty." In a very enthusiastic voice.  They come running and jumping with butts and stumps wagging like crazy.  The door is opened and out they go..... It's crazy... They do figure eights around the trees, up and down the yard... It looks like the Indy 500 in my back yard, I swear the dust is flying.  They roll over each other, yelp, growl and tackle.  This goes on for 10-15 minutes.  Finally they decide it is time to do their "business".  Bo gets really serious, I mean champion sniffer... I swear he is really taking this seriously.  The spot has got to be the "PERFECT" spot.  Not just any spot will do... In the meantime Laila is like really taking care of business.  Peeing and pooping everywhere.  In the walk way, on the concrete stepping stones, it doesn't matter.  She's got to hurry and get it over with.. She's like, " I have to do this why?  I don't have time for this... " LOL.  Bo's still sniffing away, Laila's peed like 3 times, pooped twice... She hunches over and walks backwards while she is doing it so she can keep an eye on Bo.  Bo's just in his own little world though.... But... HEY, he found THE SPOT and it is time to take care of business.  I mean, I expect him to pull out the classifieds or something while he is doing it.  He is so serious about it.... He squinches up and hunches over.  He's in it for the long haul... Really gonna take care of business.  Behind him Laila is crouched down.  Butt in the air, tail waggin' 90 to nothing.  Bo starts to go, has a turd (sorry for being so blunt there) partially out and she pounces.  He goes rolling, and is like, "What the heck".... Needless to say we start all over again.  Bo has got to find THE SPOT again, and trust me it won't be the same spot... Potty breaks are taking Freaking forever... I'm trying to train to the doggy door, so not using leashes, plus it is so cute I can't help but laugh everytime........

Just thought I'd share our potty time with the rest of the forum... More stories to come...

Suzanne

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG i burst out laughing while drinking water ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that s a riot and  can totally picture it !!! hahahahahaha

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hahaha....love the boxer puppy antics!  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
=))  =))  =)) Poor Bo, he's thinking "how can I get away from this silly girl?" That is soo funny Suzanne...Great description of their regular antics, I truly could see Bo out there, ready to read the Boxer Gazette, when WHAM......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts