Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for the past 3 or 4 days, Popeye has had diarrhea, all the time. He is going like 5 or 6 times a day, and he is eating the same food as Hazel. When I 1st got him, the vet said he had worms, so I gave him the meds, and it was gone. do you think he could have it again?? thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't know if this helps or not....but from what I understand, dogs can have the "stomach flu". According to my vet., when this happens, you are to cut off all food for a day, with small sips of water.  Then the next day, introduce rice, and if that goes ok, then some cottage cheese.AND, if that works well for a day, then reintroduce their normal food, but smaller amounts to see how their body does with it.  By the 3rd day, all should be well, and things can go back to normal.  It feel like what I have to do for my two boys that I have when they get the stomach flu!  I wish you luck!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh...good luck!!!  I do so hope that this works for you!!  I'm sorry that your baby is sick!  I feel bad for you.....it is no fun when that happens, and they can't vocalize what is wrong.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd get another fecal to rule out worms first...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I will call the vet tommorow. Thanks for all the responses! I will let everyone know tommorow what happens!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor baby, hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
yes definitly get another fecal test....if that is fine, he might have the run from Hazel coming into the home??? It was a change for him. Canned pure pumpkin works real well if you mix a TBS in wih their food for the runs. Good luck and let us know how Popeye is doing.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sadie had diarrhea two nights ago, what I did was substitute white rice for half of her kibble portion with 1 tbsp pumpkin and now she has solid stool!! She loved the pumpkin too.

Good luck and I hope Popeye feels better soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts