Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today and yesterday havent been good days for popeye. He went pee in his crate yesterday, and then again today. yesterday he had a lot of water before doing this, but today there really was no excuse. I had just taken him out 10 minutes before he did this, and he went pee then too. He was doing this for awhile the first couple weeks I had him, but then I made his crate smaller and he stopped, now he is doing it again. I was sitting in the room where his crate is located when he did this, does anyone know what could be the problem????

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
could he have a bladder infection or a UTI? I went therough that with our lab awhile back...might wanna take him to the vet if he is going pee more than usual....A few antibiotics and they are back to normal...other than that if he isnt peeing more often....maybe he is mad about something? When our little puggle would get mad at us he would pee and poop all over his cage and then roll in it.... :roll: keep us posted on how Popeye is doing

·
Registered
948 Posts
Awweee.. Mia's been a little fart herself lately...

She's been pooping and peeing at night.. Ahh well... Beats scrubbing a carpet during the day!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well Macy used to pee in her crate a lot too. She can't hold it for longer than a couple of hours and she has to go. Do you have anything in his crate like a blaknet or pillow?

Macy always pees if she has something in her crate to soak it up with. Make sure nothing is in there and he might hold it a little longer so that he doesn't have to sit in it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
boxerpopeye\";p=\"25598 said:
yeah he actually is going pee Way more than seems...normal.
If you think he pee's more then normal but is drinking normal amounts of water, I would have him checked.  

One alternative would be to ask your vet if you can bring a sample in.  It will sometimes save you the price of an office call.  Take him out to pee and catch the urine in a dish/plate, put it in a jar and take it to them to be checked.  They can tell from that.  If it is normal then you know it is something other then infection and have saved a little money.  It has to be fresh so you have to take it in within a few hours of getting the sample....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts