Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came up with this recipe because i somehow ended up with a lot of cans of Mandarin Oranges! There is two variations of this recipe-one i did, and one my sister did with adding a few ingredients.

Mine:

1 can Mandarin Oranges
6 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups uncooked rice
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

Drain oranges, save the juice. In a blender or food processor, puree the oranges until smooth; set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add rice, water, ginger, salt, pepper and orange puree; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add saved juice, and pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Place the chops on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the rice is tender.

My sisters version -she uses apricots and other little things added to the rice. She also used INSTANT rice to cut back on baking time.

1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, undrained
6 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
3/4 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup slivered almonds

In a blender or food processor, puree the apricots until smooth; set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery until tender. Add rice, water, raisins, ginger, salt, pepper and apricot puree; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Place the chops on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the rice is tender.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That sounds really good.  :D  Don't know about the almonds...hmm, well I guess I've heard of almond crusted chops. Have to try it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts