Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, DH is out of town for work and Porter has immediately morphed into this protective man of the house.

Last night, Porter and I were on the bed watching TV and all of the sudden he stood up alert and started growling and barking.  I freaked out thinking he was seeing a ghost or something because in the month we've had him he NEVER barks or growls.  So, he jumps off the bed and goes out in the hall and continues doing this growl bark thing.  So I get my cell phone in hand and a pair of scissors in the other (I know, pathetic huh) and Porter leads me to front door.  I look out and there is a guy on our driveway talking on his cell phone.  

I was so proud of Porter! He knew someone was there that shouldnt be!  Our bedroom is on the back of the house, so I was quite impressed that he knew someone was out front!   :clap:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow!! Good Job Porter!! - Chief does the same...  When I'm home, anyone can do anything... I guess he feels it's my job when I'm here... but when I leave, my wife and kids are kept under complete survellance with Mr. Chief.....

As I always say..  these dogs are the best of all worlds!!  They play, they protect, they love and they obey.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Ahhh thats cute, good boy Porter.

Dont worry, when Hubby is away i slept with a huge bread knife under my matteress and Zulu is always on alert, even when we are both home :lol:  We dont get too many door to door sales men much these days :lol:  :lol:

Boxers are a real protective breed, and we love em for it (dont quite know what would happen if they chased him back though, he'd proberly scarper and hide behind me, get him mummy get him :lol:  :lol: )

·
Registered
696 Posts
Awww... good boy, Porter! Nico is the same way... except he barks at everything! *hahaha* He still barks @ my DBH's truck when he comes home. :roll: If I rap on the counter he's barkin' his fool head off too! But, at least I know I'll always be warned! :D

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
i love the way when Zulu gets spooked by something and does the long woooooooooo in place of the bark, then his hackle goes up, almost like a mohican, literally his hair is standing on its ends from his head to his tail, butt down, chest up he looks like he could take on the baddies then :lol:  :lol:

My brave boy :D  :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I know what you mean Zulu..... Nico is the same way! And then he does the low little chuffs as he starts to calm down. So funny.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
WTG Porter what a good boy and protector you are.

Kiah is my barker but if Keegan hears something out front or back he is off like a shot to the windows to see what it is.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sadie seems to be more protective of the two, she's more vocal.  But I've got a feeling if they thought Momma was in danger, they'd both pounce.  That being said, Momma should be OK since I thought her how to use a handgun and shoot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
[quote="laura11982\";p=\"123628":2p32r173][quote="thatrockz\";p=\"123626":2p32r173]Wow!! Good Job Porter!! - Chief does the same...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was so proud of Cooper the other night.  Usually he turns into a big wuss as soon as someone comes into the house.  The other night I went to the gym and left my wife and son at home.  When I came in the garage door, Cooper actually came towards the door this time all bowed up until he realized it was me.  My wife said that he sat just outside the bedroom door and stood watch the entire time I was gone.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Such a good boy Porter!!! Extra treats for you for protecting mommy :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
It must be a Boxer thing to be on guard w hen the man of the house is gone.  Whenever DH is gone, Allie becomes very protective.  Any noise or strange person and she will get her mohawk up and growl and bark.  :)  I'm thankful that she is this protective.  When DH returns home, it then becomes his turn to watch the house.   :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
good boy porter!!  boxers are such great watch dogs  :)  bugs you when you're sleeping many nights, but these guys don't do false alarms, so i don't get mad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts