Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and was wondering if anyone could possible tell me what happened to my boxer? Ok here's the story. My boyfriend and I have a 4 year old female boxer names Suzuki. We always let our dog sleep with us, and yesterday morning I woke up I realized that Suzuki had pee'd the bed! She has never done that, and its been forever since she had an accident in the house. When she got off the bed, she kinda stumbled and just stood there looking weird. I said "Go outside?" and usually she she is all excited and bouncy but she just stood there looking at me. I started to walk out of the room and called her to follow me, but she could hardly walk!! Suzuki stumbled some more and was slowly walking like she was an old lady! After this I called the vet and he said to bring her in. When my boyfriend and I got her to the vet, Suzuki was still walking funny and so slowly. When we got into the vet, she just stood there shaking uncontrollably. After checking all her vitals and doing some blood tests, everything came back normal, but she was still not able to hardly walk. The vet said it was like she had forgotten that she had legs...It was so scary! 8O He said that he thought it was either a pinched nerve or a seizure. He gave her an anti-inflammatory shot and sent us home. It took Suzuki awhile to be kinda like her wild crazy self. She was almost back to normal when we went to bed last night. She wouldn't eat or drink anything until this morning. She is back to being herself today but has this happened to anyone else? Was it just a pinched nerve or something else? This whole thing was really scary and any help you guys can give us would be great!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Honestly it could have been either one....The thing is to mark it down somewhere and see if it happens again....if you can establish a pattern of any type and from there you will be able to tell if she is having sez's or not....

Welcome to the forum!

G

·
0 Posts
how scary for you and your b/f!  you came to the right place though for help and support.  i think all of us have gone through some funky, scary episodes with our boxers.

hope she never has another one and she's ok.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It must have been frightening for all of you, hope Suzuki doesn't have any more episodes.  Also would like to welcome you to the forum and hope that you post some pictures of Suzuki, we would love to see her and hear some of her stories.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I just went thru this recently with Samson, who is 11...Very likely it was a seizure...Samson was really "out of it" the rest of the day...Kinda groggy, disorientated, you name it..Like Sharon said, keep a log, which is what I am doing as well...Thankfully we haven't had a repeat, but yes it's very scary....Hoping it was just a one time thing for her

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sharon is great for health advice because she's a vet!  Welcome to the forums, I hope you find out what the problem is.

G

·
0 Posts
welcome to the forum and I'm sorry it's under such scary circumstances.  Poor Suzuki!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Hope your little girl never has to go through that again. I was just looking at your join date and it says April 19, 2006...yet your first post was today??? I'm a little confused...   :-??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts