Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a boxer puppy and have a hard time locating any breeders near me. I live in windsor ontario canada. I was wondering if i could go to Michigan and bring the dog back over the boarder. Does anyone know if this is possible or where i could find out? There are simply so many more options in the states than here.

thanks for any feedback guys!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i dont see how it would be an issue as long as the breeder that you purchased from is aware that the pup will be going to canada. I would also contact a local vets office and find out if they are aware of any type of restriction from transporting from the US to canada. Quarantine time or what not. There may not be any, but i would think the vet would know. or maybe animal control

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't know whether there is any kind of quarantine, but I'm sure you would have to have at the very least a health certificate that covers all required innoculations, rabies etc.,  like when you travel from state to state or fly a pet on an airline.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
People buy dogs in the US and bring them to Canada quite often (and vice-versa, actually). :)  I haven't done that, though I have driven Emma back and forth over the border for some shows (and Hugo went a few times, as well, though I didn't drive him).

The Boxer Club of Western Ontario has a member list, which might give you some leads on breeders:
http://www.bcwo.ca/members.html

We have some Canadian members, as well, I think all are in Ontario:
http://www.michiganboxerclub.com/members.shtml

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought "Radar" at the Bangor Humane Society (He's not pure, Boxer/Shep mix) and Took him back to Nova Scotia without any issues. All they asked for at the border was proof of Rabies Vacc.  Oh and I had to pay duty on the lil fella also. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
We bought Blue from a breeder in Mississippi, and he came on a plane to NY and then we took him over the border to Ontario, Canada, i think the thing you need is papers of some sort on him, but the breeder never attached them to Blue's kennel, so we told the Border officials that, they said ok, and sent us through. We didnt have too much problems with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts