Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last month or so I was thinking about getting another Boxer puppy (preferably a flashy brindle female).  I still live with my dad so I had to ask his permission first.  I was so afraid to say something or ask him because I thought he would yell at me.  We'll today I was sitting down talking to him and the subject came up.  I figured it would take a while (like a couple of weeks at least) to talk him into it, but I was wrong.  He said okay!!!  I'm so excited.  So now I'm going to start looking for good breeders and try to find another puppy!!!

For those of you that live in Pennsylvania and New York...if you know any good breeders in your areas, I would really appreciate the help.  Thanks guys.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is great news!  I wish I could have another now but plan to wait for a year or so and then adopt a brother for Kiah.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yay!  We love puppies!  I would love to have another one but OH would just die if I asked.  :lol:  

Good luck on finding a reputable breeder!  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lauren has been asking me when we are going to get another one, its so tempting to go get one right now especially since it is payday. But i think we agreed today that it would be best if we wait till after the baby is here so they can grow together.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh almost forgot. Good luck with finding another kiddo. Just dont forget the pictures  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How awesome!! Congrats to you and good luck on your search..You might want to consider a rescue also, they need forever homes too... :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congratulations.  I know after having three at once it wasn't as bad as we thought.  We got the third one because we thought that our Calli wouldn't be around too much longer (she was 10 at the time) and we wanted the new puppy to learn from her but Calli had plans of her own and lived another 5 years so we had three for a long time.

·
Registered
905 Posts
We have two and are considering adding a 3rd next year.  I'm just curious, does anyone who has had more than two (possibly Nano or Jennifer?) know which gender would be the best to get as our 3rd seeing as we already have one of each?  Tink was our first dog and she is dominant over Hector.  Does anyone have any advice over whether it would be best to add another female or another male to the mix???

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I don't have any experience but the Boxer Rescue that I got Kiah from states on their website that they seldom place two female boxers together.  They say that with females there is more inter-breed fighting.  Not sure what they would do if there was a male in the situation.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We read that about the female boxers and not recommending two females together AFTER we already had three.  Calli was our first and was always boss, Berkeley came next and was a rescue, she was smaller and really didn't cause much problem with Calli never any fighting over food, bones, etc.  

Then came Teaki, things were okay while she was little, no fighting over food, etc. but when she hit about 2 the trouble started.  Berk and Teak both were dominate then and tried to be number two dog, Teak was bigger than Berk.  The fighting was about 50/50 on who started it.  Calli never really got into it unless they were fighting and got near her and then she just barked, neither one of them picked fights with Calli cause they knew she was top dog.  

After Calli died the fighting continued over dumb things, never over food, mostly over bones, UPS man and people going by the house.   Now we just have Teak and Zig and the fighting is usually over food with Zig starting it, it is getting much better now.  With Zig and Teak there really isn't much fighting over UPS man or people going by because Zig is laid back and just watches for the most part.  

I would say no matter which one you choose you will have some fighting between them, but I do know that our females really went at it and were out for blood, it was scary!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
We have two girls, but there have been no issues at all with them. Now Reese is only 6 months (this month!! yay!!) and Savannah is 2. I wish you the best of luck with finding your newest addition. Please keep us posted

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Here is what they say on the website:

As a general rule, we will not place two female Boxers in the same home together. We feel we can increase the chances for a successful adoption by not placing female Boxers together. Inter-bitch aggression in the breed is quite common.  Unfortunately, this is one of those behavioral quirks that people will not believe unless they see it for themselves.  But, trust us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts