Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ashley is now 2 weeks post crop. Full show crop done due to her future head size ( and my preference too I guess ). My other 4 previous boxers were partial show crop, and I have not had this issue before. She is in full stance all day with just about 1/2 inch of the tip moving during walking/running..BUT..evening comes, she gets sleepy and one ear goes to about 1" of backward drop. I have been doing a 48 hour posting on both ears, and 12 hours off, but wonder if I should leave that one ear posted for a longer length of time. I know she is "working" those muscles all day, and it helps, but I am fearfull of leaving her without posting at bedtime.
Anyone have ideas for this one ear, and the safety of leaving the other ear out of taping for the night when it never droops, and has firm cartalidge holding it up?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beanie..I too feel the difference in the one ear. The ear that never falls is firm to the touch, and just looks straight. I do NOT mind taping her, but the ear that stays up is the question..with no droop, and firm cartilage, should I leave that one down for the night? Do Y'all think its the teething, or when she gets sleepy, she stops working the ears so much? I guess I should be happy she has a backward drop on the one ear, as if it fell forward, I would never question the need for taping it.
She is a funny girl, everything she has droops at bedtime...she even gets little droops under her eyes ( thank goodness for pigmented haws!!) but she looks like she needs a face lift somenights!!  :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent advice..I just got back from the Vet. We are free to let the fully erect ear stay unposted, and even though she told me that the other ear will not "go" anywhere, i will still be posting that one at night till I see NO droop...this was WAY too much work for me to let her lose a good stance simply for one night of no taping. Thanks for taking the time to answer back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts