Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Our 1 year old Boxer was just neutered and his scrotum hangs about 2 inches off his body. It almost appears as if he still has his testicles, do you know if the skin will become more compact and tight on his body? Or is this appearance normal for an older neutered dog? Strange question I know, mainly cosmetic, but could not find information on this phenomenon, not sure there's even a name for it.  

Thank you,

Alfrado.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Alfrado

We had our guy neutered a few months back (he was 8 months old at the time) and immediately after the surgery he actually looked like he'd had testicular implants rather than a removal!

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's so funny that you asked that!  We had Blue neutered not even a month ago, and my husband and I were wondering the same thing.  I actually called our vet to ask if it would go away, or if she could remove that too because it looked so bad.  She laughed and said that we need to give it time for the skin to tighten back up.  Within less than a month you can't even tell it's there, it's gotten so much smaller than it was the first couple days after surgery!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It takes a while to go down and generally it will go even with the skin....sometimes there is a little flappy skin but it will get better :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel was fixed at 8 months. He had 1 undescended testicle, so the skin that was hanging really wasn't that large (...no offense diesel) But it's already gone flat with his surrounding skin. It didn't really take very long.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We had Duke fixed at 6 months and he also only 1 undescended testicle and it took forever for the skin to tighten back up, I think he still has a little left hanging there and he is going to be one this month.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was wondering the same.  Tyson had his done about a month ago, but his "sack" still hangs.  It is getting smaller.  I was wondering if it will all disappear.  Guess we will have to give it time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts