Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone 馃榾
My handsome boy had an operation last Thurs to repair a complex fracture on his tibia. The vets tried a Buster collar but he wouldn't wear it so put an inflatable collar on instead. He came home Friday night and keeps taking the collar off. We just can't get him to keep it on. So, one of us is having to stay up with him all night to make sure he doesn't lick his wound. We're exhausted. Any ideas please?

Registered
I have heard of people using one of those cheap pool noodles they measure it to the length of a well fitting collar and cut it and slid it over the collar he should not be able to get that off as easily anyway may be worth a try I have never used it myself but one of my dogs did freak out over the cone so I could not use it so I found this solution on line.

Registered
The dreaded "Cone of Shame"!

Unfortunately, we've had lots and lots of experiences with a cone with our 4 girls over the years. The best solution we found is thee Comfy cone, its soft and has loops that you run their collar though, so it can't come off.
Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for your suggestions. I'll take a look at the comfy cone. The inflatable cone he had on initially at the vets meant he could still reach his stitches - not deep enough really! But anything too deep and he can't lay down comfy enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts