Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer really doesn't have a potty problem when there are people around but she does potty in the house when we leave and even IF we take her out before we go. I have no idea what the issue here is and right now I can't afford to buy a crate. Please..help?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Don't know but maybe Summer has some separation issues. When you're not home can you confine her to a small area, bathroom or similar spot with toys, blanket and maybe leave radio or tv on??? Good luck and keep trying!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure... she pawed at the wall and left gouges in it when we put her in our bedroom with the tv on when we had company... and if company would make her do that I am not so sure I want to find out what separation issues would do. 8O

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi SummerLuv,

do you know anything about summers past?
Where did she live? Why she did lost here home?

Whatever the reason for her potty-inside is: Every time she does it outside
the house) I would praise her and give her a treat.

Remember that she is only 2 1/2 months with you.
Perhaps she is frightened when you leave her.
How long did you leave her, when she did potty in the house? Could it be, that it is a bit too long for
the moment?

Our boxer Gero (he lives with us since 12 months) had a boxer-pal in his first
family. They told us "he can stay alone at home, when you have to go to work,
but they didn

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds quite a lot like seperation anxiety. We had this with Rupert when he was young. I am sure there are behavioural experts who can help with this but we just gave him time to grow out of it, and he did within a few months.

Of course, before then he ate a door frame, rotted some floorboards through (He managed to find a nice tucked away area to do his business), ate superglue, terrorised the cat and ate one of my boots.

What we found that helped quite a bit was a good selection of toys and leaving some of our clothing for him to lie on (Or, in truth, eat).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When we take her out before we leave she ALWAYS uses the bathroom and usually at the most we may leave her alone for is two hours, Sometimes she does it and sometimes she doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts