Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to put this one.

It is common for a Boxer to go to the bathroom to do #2 several times a day?  I'll bet Bee Bee does #2 4 or 5 times a day.  My shelties usually maybe go twice once in the morning and once in the evening.  Bee Bee will go off an on all day long.

And PP - man she will PP everytime I let her out.

Just wondering if this was normal.  She's not acting sick or anything like that.  More like just in one end and out the other.  LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
How old is Bee Bee?  When Beckham was still really young, he was poopin about 6 times a day and peeing every 1-2 hours.  He's 8 months and goes #2 about 4 times a day. With the excessive peeing we had to get Becks on a water schedule, since he's left at home during the work day otherwise he wasn't able to make it the 9 hours!  We pull his water by 9pm most nights and make sure he doesn't suck it down in the morning before we leave and he can make it from 7:30am-4:45ish.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is 13 months and she goes #2  4 times a day; twice in the morning, sometimes at lunch and 2 times in the evening if she didn't go a lunch.  This is a big improvement on her new food; she used to go 6 to 8 times a day.

·
Registered
405 Posts
How old and what sort of food are you feeding her?  Lower grade food can make them go more and actually, a food allergy may make them go more often (although I woulnd't worry about that at this stage with no further symptoms).  Look under the food section to learn more about food quality.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It definitely will depend a lot on the food..If I remember right Bee Bee is about 2? Also can't remember if she has been spayed or not..When we brought Angel home in Feb, she had been spayed then had a major surgery to correct a prolapse, so her control was terrible, plus she wasn't house broken...Is she drinking a lot of water? If not, you may possibly want to heave your vet check her for a possible UTI. That could have something to do with why she pees a lot....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She was a year old in June and I feed them all Beneful dog food and we don't have her neutered as of yet, but are planning on it in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tugboat is a machine when it comes to potty. #2 twice in the morning (Our first trip out and after breakfast). Some times during the day but not regular. Then twice in the evening (same thing). He pees every time we go outside (he knows he gets a treat if he pees). He eats Science Diet Large Dog Puppy 1 cup a meal.

I have heard that quality of food is a factor in pooping. My dogs have always had Science Diet so nothing to compare.

Cameron and Tugboat

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
It depends with Jessie...  During the week she is inside all day without a walk so she will go both every time we take her out, in the morning and 3 or 4 times after we get home... If we are home all day she goes on walks every few hours, she will pee every time, but #2 doesnt happen all the time.  Maybe 3 times a day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts