Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and a parent of a 3 mo old Boxer. I have been reading some of the topics and feel that i will fit right in.  My boxer doesnt seem to get the idea of doing her business outside.  For the most part she goes out. We have to watch for her  at the door, if shes at the door then we figure she wants out. So we let her out. And she goes. Perfect, what is confusing me is that at least 1 or 2 times a week she will peddle in the house, even right after we took her our and did not go.  This week she has gone potty twice, the doors have been opened and I had just brought her in.  Going potty, I thought, was not something that she had a problem with until now.   We have gone as far as to leave doors open to the outside and she goes.  Any ideas. 8O

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to Boxer Forums!

At 3 months, you still need to be diligent with housetraining. It might seem that she's got everything down pat, and then accidents start happening again. I really wouldn't consider a pup potty trained until at least 9 months, and then of course, accidents can still happen. The only thing I can recommend is to continue with using the crate, or keep her tethered to you at all times, especially when she has been outside and hasn't done anything.  
Check out all of the topics in the training forums. There is a bunch of excellent info in there. Also, here is a great article on housetraining a pup.
Good Luck.. http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... icleid=157

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will get helpful information from the members here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts