Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
well i think the potty training you are doing sounds great...as for the boxing lol...i think more over the the little one will learn to play boxer style..atleast thats my own experience..

our lab didnt know what to make of our boxer and how she played..took a few weeks and now our lab is all boxer except is appearence...lol

i wouldnt worry about it..just keep an eye out...:)

welcome again

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The dachsy will learn to play with the Boxer.  How do I know, you ask?  Well, I'm a professional dog trainer with 17 yrs experience that trains ALL size dogs and my Boxer, Lilly, is my Hearing Service Dog and therefore goes with me when I train.  Lilly also acts as a demo dog for the owner's I'm training.

Part of my training (a large part) is play based.  What does that mean?  It means I use games to teach manners and behaviors.  Lilly plays these training games with my clients (clients= dog(s) I'm training).

As a matter of fact, my last training graduates were from the same household/owner, trained at the same time, and their breeds were.....min pin/chi and PURE BRED DACHSY.  Both of these wonderful dogs didn't get how to play with Lilly at first, but by the end of the first training session, they had gotten the idea and by the time they graduated (5 weeks later) they were old hands at "boxing".

I wouldn't worry about it.  Either the Dachsy is gonna get it and play or the Dachsy is gonna say screw this and head for the hills.  Remember, they are both still very young and are learning appropriate play and behavior from each other that will in turn become appropriate behaviors in your house.  They are learning bite inhibition and learning about their own strength.

I do advise you to read and become familiar with the Dog Body Language stickey, as the knowledge may come in handy.

Hope this helps.

***This response is for informational purposes only.  It is not meant to offend anyone.***

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
of course my dogs are around the same size but right now yours are also...thats what i meant...by the time your boxer gets bigger they will have already worked it out...the catch a groove and will be best friends

and of course everything Liz said  :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"37543":3mz0ro7v]of course my dogs are around the same size but right now yours are also...thats what i meant...by the time your boxer gets bigger they will have already worked it out...the catch a groove and will be best friends

and of course everything Liz said

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Look in the General Boxer Forum...

And just an FYI...Lilly is 60# and 23.5 in at the withers and is nearly 3 yrs old and both of the last clients I graduated were under ten pounds and only about 8 mths old. They figure it out, just give them the chance to do it...

***This response is for informational purposes only.  It is not meant to offend.***

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
well ,Isis is 83 pounds...big big & stalky ..her best friend besides my lab and Lilly is a small yorkie..they LEARNED to play together...oo and shes deaf which makes it so she cant hear if the smaller dog makes noise of being scared...she LEARNED..they all do...she learned without hearing the other dogs noises...shes now very gentle with smaller dogs..

they all learn ..it just takes time :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts