Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to potty train my 8 week old puppy :?:   I can tell sometimes when he has to go but he never goes in the right spot.  He's so little and we're in Chicago and it's like below zero here so I don't want to take him outside.   What should I do???

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ah...not an easy thing... I would just say that you crate him when you can't be right there with him...that part is standard...then when he is out he goes right to the potty spot(whereever that is...it isn't ideal to get them accostomed to going in the house, but if it's that cold, you may need to for now!) and you stay there with him until he potties...if he DOES potty, he gets to be out for about 15-20 minutes then he's back in the crate until you are ready to repeat the process...if he DOES NOT potty, he goes right back in and you take him out again in 15 minutes and try again...it works! I have THREE boxers and two of them were 8 weeks old at the same time...I used the timer on the microwave to help me keep track...it doesn't mean he'll never have an accident(keep "Natures Miracle" around! And take out stock in your nearest paper towel distributors!LO!) but, it SURE cuts down on the number of accidents...and it's better for him, because he can't get into anything that is dangerous for him either!(electrical cords, etc!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :D I'll give that a shot, sounds like a good idea.  I just for some reason didn't want to see him "caged up" he's just a baby!!!  But I know it's for the best ya know.  Thanks again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts