Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good suggestions on the best ways to get your puppy to let you know they need to go pee pee outside?...Elyse tells us when she needs to go poo by going to the door..she never does anything in her crate but she will just squat and pee on the floor with no real alerts to me..any advice is so appreciated...thanks.. :signhelp:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Daphne and Attila will start to whimper and cry...that means you got about 2minutes before they might have an accident.  We usualy take them out every few hours anyways.

Some people have a bell on here that they use.  The dog hits the bell and that means time to potty.

Pee pads maybe....

My brothers weimaraner has to wear doggy diapers..but thats because its that time....

Dustin

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I don't recommend the pee pads as that teaches them to go in the house and it is hard for them to differentiate between that and outside.  I just keep watch and make sure they go out often enough when they are young.  Circling usually means their going to poop and the squat seems to just all of a sudden happen so that's the hard one.  The typically pee every time they wake up, drink some more water, eat and do some playing.  Praise them like crazy for "good potty outside!" is all I've used with mine.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, the peeing is kind of hard.I would just set a real good schedule and stick with it..Oh sure you may end up going outside more than needed, but if it saves inside accidents, worth it...Flick is about 80% trained at 10 wks, which I am amazed at, BUT I have 2 teachers and a doggie door, he caught on to that really fast and now flies out the door all the time :) When I was potty training Angel I think I took her out every hour, which is a royal pain, and we still had accidents, but after awhile she got a lot better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts