Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to work at around 6am and come home around 11 for lunch then go back to work then come home at 5 for the rest of the night...Now he uses the bathroom outside when I bring him out there. But while im at work I have newspaper right by the back door and he uses the newspaper when im not home or when I am at home in the other room...Now this morning around 5 am I took him outside and he tried to run back in the house cause it was cold but I made him stay out there and he pee'd but right when we went up stairs in the house he did a number 2 on the newspaper....So my question is, is he gettin confused by doing both paper and outside?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Possibly, but also, like a lot of other pups he's not thrilled with the cold...Are you leashing him when you take him out? If not, I'd try that, keeps the control in your hands and not Carter's....Also as he spent a week at the vets, it may take him a bit to get back into his correct potty training regim...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oK thanks I will try the leash thing..I wasnt doing the leash because he was going to the bathroom good before his little problem where he did go to the vet for a week

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Another thing you could try John, is have a specific word for "poop" such as potty..so when he does actually do his number two outside, you can say the word while he's doing it along with right after and praise and give him a treat. Eventually he should associate the action with the word, and getting a treat when he does so outside. This worked with Sadie. Lot's of praise and treats when potty is done outside!

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts