Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone , so I'm having trouble potty/house breaking my 7 week old puppy. I know she still a baby. I guess I just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly or maybe you'll give me some tips on how to correctly potty train. It seems like she goes outside and she uses the bathroom and then she'll come back inside and do it again. We have had her since she was six weeks old. She sleeps in a crate most of the time. I've researched and basically what I'm thinking I need to do is keep her on a very strict crate schedule I just feel mean keeping her locked up all day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wow, she is really very much a baby. When we were housebreaking ours he was in the crate. We fed at scheduled times and took him out every hour. At that age maybe even more. We always leashed him and carried him to his potty spot as they really don't have much control over their bladder at that age. When he would go, we would pick him up and bring him inside. Our basic schedule (and what I've recently done with my poodle pup) 6-6:30 Am take pup out of crate out to potty, feed, play a bit watching carefully for signs..out to potty, when completed back in, play a few min, in crate, hour later repeat, noon time we fed, followed same schedule, 5 pm fed same procedure. We also just held him on our lap and even slept on couch with him on us at times but whenever he woke....out to potty. By 9 weeks we were up to about an hour and half between potty times, and he was getting the idea that potty was for outside not just something you do as your walking about. lol By the time he was 12 weeks he was quite reliable and could hold it for about 3 hours in crate and all night. However he was not what I wold call 100% even though he had no accidents we stayed vigilant and if he was loose in house with us we took him out more often as he was active and that makes them need to go more. You will learn your dogs signs and have a scudedule. We never lat him in crate for more than 4 hours for a very long time, in fact we still would not make him wait that long even though now he will when necessary but he is 3 year old. The more work you put into it while he is very young the better outcome you will have. I was sleep deprived for about 2 weeks with the current puppy and I didn't get him till he was 9 weeks old. However @ 5 months he is very reliable but he will be put in crate when I can't watch him. Oh and be sure you are using a divider in your crate while he is small.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Praise and a treat when she goes potty outside and a command such as "Go Potty" would be useful as well as going to the same spot to potty.

And you can't keep her Crated all day if that is literally what you mean??? I would purchase an EX-Pen, you could put her Crate in there also and that would keep her out from underfoot when you need a break.

https://www.chewy.com/frisco-dog-exercise-pen-step-through/dp/125048?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Frisco&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwre_XBRDVARIsAPf7zZgerIWv_fNLOnI9sY5SUHwzFSV5-GBiWI2-TrdPhaEnoMLh8RrEs1gaAr00EALw_wcB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dog training tools

In potty training puppy apartment the Original and Trusted House training and Potty Time puppy Doorbell for Loving puppy Families Since 2005. A reasonable, charming and simple route for your family to know. When its potty time for your hairy closest companion. All Poochie Bells are separately high quality in the USA.

potty training puppy apartment is about consistency, persistence, and encouraging feedback. The objective is to ingrain great propensities and assemble a cherishing bond with your pet.

It regularly takes 4-6 months for a puppy to be completely house prepared, yet a few puppies may take up to a year. Size can be an indicator. For example, littler breeds have littler bladders and higher digestion systems and require more successive treks outside.
this site is good for dog trainer

http://http://dogstrainingtools.com/2018/04/30/potty-training-puppy/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts