Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have an 8week almost 9 week old new puppy named Drew I've had him for going on three weeks the first week went really well as far as accidents because the breeder had already been working with him before I picked him up once I got him home I pretty much stuck to the same schedule after his first accident in the crate(mostly at bedtime and if we're away) on week two he's been peeing in the crate every since even with going out every two hours any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Hello everyone I have an 8week almost 9 week old new puppy named Drew I've had him for going on three weeks the first week went really well as far as accidents because the breeder had already been working with him before I picked him up once I got him home I pretty much stuck to the same schedule after his first accident in the crate(mostly at bedtime and if we're away) on week two he's been peeing in the crate every since even with going out every two hours any suggestions?
Are you using a divider in his crate? Give him just enough room to stand up and lie down. I would take him out every 1 1/2 hours, until you see improvement then go back to your 2 hour schedule. I always leash my dog while carrying hi out to potty, go to the same area and as soon as he goes praise or treat. Then back in, if you play any then repeat before returning him to crate. Mine never had an accident in crate and if I remember 3 accidents while loose the first few days a he thought he could just pee whenever the mood struck, lol but I would grab him while saying NO then outside and take him again to his spot. Sometimes he would finish others not but he very quickly was trained. Though I was very watchful and kept up the routine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually tried exactly what you said today and so far it's worked I'm hoping for continued success with me luck

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yes it works but you will still need to be vigilant in taking him out and especially when he is loose in house until he learns that the house is also his den and that will take time. As he ages he will be able to hold his bladder longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts