Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Consistency is the key to training. Be sure you take her out around the same time each day if possible, If you catch her in the act of going potty inside say a firm "no" and pick her up and place her outside. If she has already went and you find it dont punish her. She will not understand what she did wrong. Be sure to get natures miracle so that you can get the smell out of the carpet. Housetraining will take time. I know some people say there pup only took 1week or 2week, ect-but not to be fully housetrained. When i had Chloe, i had a dandy of a time trying to train her. She wasnt even fully trained when she was taken and we had had her for roughly 2 months. The thing that i found worked best for us, is to keep her attached to me. If i took her out and she wouldnt go, then i would attacher her leash to my belt or keep hold of it if i was watching tv or what not and keep her at my side. After about 45-to an hour after the first attempt i would take her outside to see if i could get her to go again. She was a tuffy and waited me out til 2in the afternoon, but she finally broke down and went outside. After that i think she understood that if she didnt go outside, then she would have to do everything i did. we didnt have too many issues after that-hope this helps some!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.