Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so, as some of you know... Prada has sarcoptic mange & she went back yesterday for her 2nd dose of Ivermectin (vet said she's looking much better & will need just one more shot). Well, anyhoo... we were just @ the counter, making an appt. to get her spayed (the 20th)... and what do you think came out of one of the rooms?! A gorgeous dark fawn Boxer puppy! OMG, she was the cutest thing ever! :love: Her name was Miley. She had a lovely dark inky-black mask & she had to be one of the darkest fawns I've ever seen - no white on her except for a perfect white chest. She was just beautiful! The way her & Prada played... OMG - I just cannot wait for Reeko to be home. It was just adorable. Miley kept jumping up on Prada & my girl basically started burning in place. :love: :love: I wish I had thought of getting the guyz' info so we could make a playdate... DARN! I guess he's always had Boxers - since he said he just lost a fawn girl that Prada reminded him of about a year ago.

This is kinda what she looked like - except she was darker:

OMG - I wanted to steal her!! *hehe* You can't appreciate the beauty of a full black mask until you meet a pup in real life. I'm positively smitten! And here I thought I liked just flashy pups!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
How cute!!  I get so excited whenever I see another boxer to the point of driving like 80 down the highway cause I spotted one in a car that passed me LOL. The mental image of Prada doing a standing burn cracks me up LOL. I know Chloe has nearly pulled my arm out of socket while I was paying the bill because she wanted to play with every dog there.  I can't wait until you get Reeko! Prada is going to be such a good sister  Happy to hear she got good news at the vets also  :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep... they are cuties! I think it just really adds to their expression... I'm not sure why... but I was overcome with really wanting to steal this puppy! She was just perfect - I don't know how else to describe it!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, never... I could never love another dog like I love my girl. She's my baby & she knows it. She's spoiled rotten too! And Reeko will be spoiled too... and he will have his own piece of my heart.

I think Prada enjoyed the puppy almost more than I did. *hehe* I'm weird... I guess. I like the real flashy Boxers - hence why Prada is flashy - but after seeing this plain girl, I'm able to appreciate both types of the breed. So, I think it's cool that I met her. Makes me love the Boxer in all aspects that much more! :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I like all colors of boxers but if I was going to buy a puppy I would get a plain brindle or plain fawn.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I love all boxer puppies no matter what colour they are...they're just soo irresistible!!!  It's the eyes - they get me everytime!

Sara --- when does reeko arrive?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ahhhh they are all wonderful.....I loooovvveee fawns, but I have seen some brindle pups and white one's I would take too....So...they all have a way about them :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear that Prada's vet visit went well and she's recovering nicely...Isn't it funny how we go gaga over Boxer pups? Just something about them that turns us to much  :lol: I have this mental image of Prada doing a standing Boxer burn, must have been too cute

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I LOVE THAT PUPPY!!! I really like the full black mask ever since i saw Kash's puppy pics..he has a big black mask like that puppy and it is sooooooo cute and now he is older it looks really regal i think :)

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
HAHA ... My_Harleigh, I was wondering the exact same thing!  I haven't got a clue myself!  Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kim :: Cindi & I are meeting Thursday evening. If everything goes well, he'll be coming home w/me. I've got Friday off so I can spend the day with them. I've also asked her if I could change his name to, Nico & she's OK w/that - so, that will be his new name. And in due time he will be fixed, as well. I'm SO excited!! It's been a long wait for me to have another Boxer come into my life!

My_Harleigh :: A Boxer burn is when your Boxer just runs all crazy-like in any direction... sometimes in a zig-zag pattern & sometimes in a circle.. and they seemingly don't have a purpose for doing it - other than it being fun. Anyone that has a Boxer, I'm sure, has probably witnessed this. It's adorable!

Also - for those that have vet/personal experience w/sarcoptic mange. I'm really worried about Nico contracting it, since it's really contagious. I've been cleaning my house non-stop & washing Prada's blankets & vacuuming daily. I was wondering if you guyz have any suggestions as to what I should do? I've read that Psorinum (a homeopathic approach) is a good preventative, but I'm not sure where to find this. Should I call the vet & ask for a 2nd opinion (since they kinda left me hangin' the 1st time I asked)? Would a shot of Ivermectin for him possibly prevent him from getting it? Do you know when Prada would not be contagious anymore? Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My_Harleigh\";p=\"91821 said:
This may be a stupid question but what is a BOXER BURN you all keep talking about?
This isn't the best video, and Lola was only 13 weeks old I think at this time, but the boxer burn is running 100 mph and making a circle for no apparent reason.  Maybe they are running like their butt is on fire??  LOL.

Example:

·
Registered
537 Posts
My dads Boston Terrier had mange but he has been on meds and no longer is contagious. How long has Prada had it and how long has she been on meds. I think you said she is on a series of shots, right? I would think she isn't contahious anymore...but of course I am not a vet.

Thank you for the explanation of a Boxer burn.  Sounds like the "Boston crazies" as they call it for Boston Terriers. They run so fast that their butt almost touches the ground and its hard to snap them out if it. Harleigh had these yesterday (as I call them the Boxer Crazies). It's hilarious!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ginger :: Yes, she's on her 2nd shot of the series & the vet said she'll need one more. She'll be getting this on the 24th of this month. The other thing I'm worried about, though... is since her immune system is compromised due to the mange, should I be worred about going through w/her spaying surgery (on the 20th)? But, since Nico isn't fixed, I feel that this is something I must do.

Well, I "went" & talked to Sharon about everything... and she thinks all will be well. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Ohhhhh, Boxer burn...so like when Tango goes running around the couch 5 times and on his 6th lap hits the side of the end table and goes summersaulting across the room ...!   8O

I guess I have witnessed it then!  He has me laughing my head off when he does that.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*lol* Yep -- that would be it!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts