Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the Er with my mom, she's been having chest pain for 3 hours..please pray that she is ok!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I hope everything is ok.  You, your mother, and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us updated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far so good...they did an EKG, Chest X-Ray, and blood work...looks normal...they are keeping her overnight for observation, will do another blood work, do a stress test, etc...they said it could have been Cardiac Ischemia...from the extra exercise that she did today...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sure hope the rest of the tests come out OK.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mom. Troponin (sp) blood levels will show very quickly if there is cardiac damage, CPK MB blood levels will show damage a little later.Stress tests and a 24 hour Holter monitor should pick up anything else. If your Mom does wear a 24 hour Holter she'll probably be asked to keep a diary of that time and it's VERY important to record ANY activity that she does. Most people keep incomplete diaries and then the interpretation can be off. Does your Mom have any history of high blood pressure or elevated cholesterol?? Sounds like everything is going ok so far, Good Luck to you both, sending "get well quick" vibes. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope everything is alright with your mom. Please update us whenever you can.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hoping mom is ok today....let us know..our prayers are with you

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, they released her from the hospital...her heart is fine, but they don't know what caused the severe pain...she was at a 9 with chest pain...it lasted up at that level for almost 6 hours..then started going down...she then got a fever of 102+ last night at the hospital...not sure what caused that either...but at least we know her heart is ok

1 - 20 of 21 Posts