Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would have interest in a prayer chain. We have a prayer chain where I work and it is just to pray for the employees family members, friends or whomever needs it during difficult times. I see alot of "difficult" times on here and my list is rather long :) We don't sit down and pray but we add the requested people to our personal prayers.
I am not a very religous person but I have seen the power of prayers, my father has had terminal cancer for the past 10 years and with his inner strength and all the many many prayers out there for him amazingly he is still with us fighting against that horrible disease after they only gave him a max of 18 months that long ago. I pray for the people I see on this fourm that are going through tough times with loosing a pet, pets with illness or just a personal situation that needs a little xtra prayer so I was thinking maybe we need a prayer chain on here??? I don't think you can beat the power of prayer!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I think it's a good idea for those who would like to do it. Maybe we can have a special forum designation for it under the Everything but Boxers category. I am not particularly religious but rather spiritual and I do believe in the power of positive thinking. I think it would be a good place to express caring wishes for our members.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I absolutely would love to be part of a prayer chain!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Like I said I love this idea so let's start now, Mac&Dorysmomma needs some help, I pray that she finds the strength, advice and knowledge to train her Mac...he is a deaf Boxer and struggles with more than our "hearing" Boxers do, Lord please touch this family in their time of need, I know your will will be done...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think its a great idea, I too believe that positive vibes & prayers can be herd

I'll pray for (qgw) one of our new members and Cali's Dad that they heal from losing their best friends, we all know how hard it can be on us to mourn the lost of our babies. I pray that anyone who has lost a pet recently or is struggling with "that" decision of letting go can find some peace and comfort in knowing that its a good thing for any pet who is suffering.

I also pray for Mac&Dorysmomma that she can find the right quidance to past down to Mac so that he can learn under her and become more obedient

·
Registered
576 Posts
Count me IN!

Lord, I pray you would take Mac's mama under your wing and give her patience and a peace that only You can provide. I pray that you would help her to find the cause of Mac's potty issues and that You would help her to see the solutions and Lord I pray you would give her strength and perseverence to power through as she is undertaking the care of one of the animals that You put on this earth. Lord I would pray that doors open for her and that she has someone who would come and help her with Mac that you would unbind anything that is in her way. For these things I ask in Jesus name, AMEN!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can I request prayer for myself? I lost my job on Friday :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it's a great idea too. With my recent loss of Cali, it means a lot to know others are sending good thoughts my way. Like Cash's Mom said, we will all benefit from the good vibes.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't list em all but I pray for all of the people on this fourm, even if they aren't having any issues. just such great people :) I just pray you all stay safe and get the strength to deal with any issues you may have now or in the future. I also pray for my dying father and my mother to have the strength to continue the wonderful care she has given him. My coworker who is considering it is time to send her 14yr old Collie to the Rainbow Bridge due to failing health from old age. Another coworker who is going thru a rough time with an illness (demencia) (spelling?) with his own father. Your prayers are greatly appreciated if you could say a word for these people and their families. Thanks :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
praying kosmickimie

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Praying Kosmickimi!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Definitely count me in. never underestimate the power of positive prayer. I too have had cancer touch the lives of my family more times then I would have liked. My grandfather, uncle, myself and now my 24 year old baby brother. I will include you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all, as I say I am not very religous but I am a good person and I treat others the way I would like to be treated. I appreciate the prayers more than you know - I wasn't soliciting prayers, just want to let the people that need a little xtra prayer to have a thread to air it. My mother raised me with the "no matter how bad it gets - it could always be worse" theory so I know there are alot of people out there worse off that haven't had the xtra 10years with their daddy like I have...please pray for those people.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts