Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Prayer request:

I am suddenly in need of a miracle in regards to work.

Once I pay our property taxes next week, we literally will not have money for groceries nor bills after that. I don't have any work lined up nor any prospects for the foreseeable future.

The part time work I've been relying on while trying to get my home business going has just vanished. The lady went out of business and officially informed me today. She has done so in a slow enough fashion that the customers I could have taken over have all found new vendors. So now I have to try to win back some of their business and I am not a good sales man.

In regards to the part time work, I have been given an older 2 head industrial embroidery machine, and starter supplies. But I have to wire the 32ft storage trailer, hooking it up to the house wiring, and then insulate it, and then find some heaters for it, in addition to framing the back end and putting a lift door on it so that I can get heavy items in and out when needed, but have it properly closed for heating (it currently has a roll door that has a 2 inch gap at the top between it and the frame.. This means that I need to come up with about 300 dollars before I can even utilize the embroidery machine. I can go pick it up any time, but I won't be able to use it till I can get the office trailer set up.

The lady is letting me take small jobs and do at her house for a percentage of the profits, but I still have to come up with the work to take advantage of this. Had I had this available weeks ago this would not have been an issue, but it is what it is.

So, I need work and fast. This wouldn't be as bad as it is but the lady informed me today that her remaining customers informed her today that they either got their own embroidery machines or have arranged for someone closer to them, and I was relying on those last few customers to keep me with a basic income until I could get things built up.

I also do piano repairs for other technicians but this year has been excruciatingly slow because of the economy. so this has not been a reliable source of income either.

I am good at the things I do, but I am not good at selling myself.

In short, I am suddenly in need of a miracle.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I havent posted in this thread for awhile. If you go back a page you can see I was asking for prayers for my best friends partner. She has been doing well up until recently. About two months ago she had to have her big toe removed because of cancer and within the last 2 weeks she has been having various GI issues. Long story short, after a C Scan and multiple tests they met with the oncologist today and Margaret will now be on palliative care. The stomach cancer has invaded her intestines which are partially blocked by the tumors. She will be doing chemo and radiation to hopefully shrink the tumors to make her more comfortable. I'm asking for prayers for Margaret for the time she has left to be as pain free as possible. My best friend Lisa could also use some prayers because it's so very hard to be the one left behind. Thank you all so much

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh, Sue. I'm so very sorry. I know you were hoping for better news. Prayers for both Margaret and Lisa.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I posted for prayers back on 6/9/12 for my best friends partner of 20 years. She lived a long time with stomach cancer but she lost her battle today. Cancer sucks all the way around! She was only 57 and had a daughter and two young grandkids. Godspeed Margaret "Trip" Triboletti. You are free from pain and my God surround those left behind with his white healing light.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I remember that post Sue, so sorry she was taken so young. Please let her family know I am sending prayers their way and may their memories help through this incredibly difficult time

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I will Cindy. Looks like the service is going to be maybe monday most likely tuesday. I will be flying out saturday. Trip gave me a gift as she crossed over. I get to see my best friend whom I havent seen in 8 years and we are both Patriots fans and get to watch the Super Bowl together. Thanks Trip love you always!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I will Cindy. Looks like the service is going to be maybe monday most likely tuesday. I will be flying out saturday. Trip gave me a gift as she crossed over. I get to see my best friend whom I havent seen in 8 years and we are both Patriots fans and get to watch the Super Bowl together. Thanks Trip love you always!
I am sure Trip will be smiling as you and Lisa get to reunite for a much needed therapy session, support that best friends know how to do and to enjoy the superbowl get together. Hugs

·
Registered
995 Posts
My sincerest sympathies, Sue. May she rest in peace. And all who knew and loved her be consoled at this expected, but none-the-less, very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Travel safe!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
That is such sad news. May she rest in peace.

My mom is dealing with cancer now. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September and just finished chemo. She starts radiation on Monday.
I am so sorry I know how you feel. I lost my Mom when I was 14 to breast cancer. May God surround you, your Mom and your family with his white healing light. Hugs to you

241 - 257 of 257 Posts