Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike just left for the vet...tried to go last night to E-vet but they had been flooded and was closed. All of a sudden last night about 9pm...he started acting lethargic, warm, would cry or yelp at times, wouldn't even recognize his name......eyes glazed over.......Mike called from car and said it looked like he peed, but smelled like feces.....I am so scared right now!!! Last night he would just stand there and stare straight ahead but wouldn't acknowledge anyone...this a.m. doesn't want to stand!! please send good thoughts our way!!! [-O< [-O<

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
OMG!! Poor Tux! And poor you! How scary...Please update us when you hear anything!

>:D< >:D<

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh no!! Terri, please, please keep us posted on what's going on, ok? I know you guys are about to get the same storm as we are, so stay dry as well..Lots of prayers going your way [-O<

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:cry: I will be thinking of you! Hope he is ok and gets better soon!

>:D<

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
terry did you check to see what his temperature was, that same kinda thing happened to mistique as a pup, she could barely stand up without screaming and would not respond when called and just starred into the distance, she was so bad we thought we were going to loose her, she was running a temp my vet had her on some antibiotics "clavamox" for a couple of days and nothing was working as she was getting worse, i called my mentor and she was so pissed and told me that she did not care what my vet says and to get her on baytril, so i called my vet and after fighting with him to give me some baytril he prescribed it and within a few hours she was acting normal again, my vet could not believe the results, hope he gets better.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I hope he okay.

We had a big scare when Sophia was a puppy. She got into some mulch in the yard and got very sick from it. Same symptoms We were so worried about her. After some meds and fluid at the ER vet, she was fine. She was on a strict limited food diet for 2 weeks after.

keep us updated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone.....Mike has just got back...Tux wagged his nubbed, but then went right back to looking like he's on deaths door.....he had a bowel movement(in the back od my SUV).....they gave him fluids......antibiotics(Metronidazole)...and a wormer.....here is what the discharge papers said......

"I am worried about Tux as his abdomen is tense. We did find a worm in his stool and will deworm. I am also worried about a foreign body obstruction, however, he has had no vomiting and is producing stool, which is good. I would like to see him first thing Monday morning for a recheck."

He looks horrible....I'm still really worried..... :cry:

Greg...did they ever say what she had or what was wrong?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greg...BTW...temp was normal.......and yes...he does eat dirt and tree branches......Vet said he would do xrays monday a.m. if he wasn't any better

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
My Samyoed had symptoms like that and they thought he had that condition where the stomach twists. :cry: Turns out, $300 later, he had really bad gas, :oops: but same thing ... stood in one spot. Wouldn't sit and when he finally did, wouldn't stand. yelped. I had to pick him up to get in the car.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts